Proper Cartridges

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought 4000 8s of George about a year ago for 170 per thousand .

Having been using fiocchi blacks he said they would be comparable.  Now coming to the end of them and can confidently say that there is not a lot of difference maybe slightly less recoil and not quite as tight . Very good kills even out to 50 + yards .

Wouldn't hesitate to use again if the price was right. The only thing i will say they are not a pretty looking cartridge with no fancy big bits of brass. But do the job well.

Bought 4000 8s of George about a year ago for 170 per thousand .

Having been using fiocchi blacks he said they would be comparable.  Now coming to the end of them and can confidently say that there is not a lot of difference maybe slightly less recoil and not quite as tight . Very good kills even out to 50 + yards .

Wouldn't hesitate to use again if the price was right. The only thing i will say they are not a pretty looking cartridge with no fancy big bits of brass. But do the job well.
That's good to know  :)  and thanks for the info, the trouble is FBlacks can still be had for £200 and they do look pretty with respectable size steel heads plus we can just pick up a thou as and when, George needs to compete on price and present a good enough spec. 

I agree with all your points and that's   why a lot of people haven't tried his cartridges and a lot never will.

45,000 at £200 a thou?  I don't know if it's just me but I'd be looking for a lot better price at that quantity of clay loads
ok worcs  try to buy say hull soveriengs at 45 000    and see if you can beat 166.66 plus vat come 200   you are getting the best of gear  but put together with the lowest overheads  please try and report back on here  cheers  george

ok worcs  try to buy say hull soveriengs at 45 000    and see if you can beat 166.66 plus vat come 200   you are getting the best of gear  but put together with the lowest overheads  please try and report back on here  cheers  george
No need for Sovereign type shells though George, what price for a load as per original enquiry please. 

Kibworth do f blacks 24g at 196-00 
the lead content along david would let me knock of about 15 pounds  so mine would be  181   by 3k on your door for    3x181    just ask peter wilson about my sett up i am sure people think i am sitting in front of the fire  pulling a hand lever   24 gram less powder and less lead  cannot be in same  street as  a 28 gram   but thanks any way  cheers george

No need for Sovereign type shells though George, what price for a load as per original enquiry please. 
would have to be 200 on that spec  but can give you a cheaper good  clay cart using a different powder and wad   at say 190

let me also say chaps if i take  a 28 gram same spec as afore mentioned and drop  shot in size say 5 or 6   put a pheasant on the stencil in ink    i can get all day long 210 to 220   now that doesnt  sound bad does it   have a look at cart prices and report back on game 28 gram prices   then maybe you will see us geordies arnt daft    why flog my machines to death   for sweeties   same job once rolling to make 28 gram  for clays and 28 gram  for  game   no difference on a ton of lead price    hope you understand :angel:  cheers george

I guess my point is, people are looking for a sensibly priced clay cartridge. There are plenty of high-end carts out there from the major manufacturers but (forgive me if I'm wrong, Hamster) OP was asking for a competitive price on a "decent" cart, not top end with all the marketing BS. As far as quoting £166+VAT, the average consumer doesn't give a sh*t about the VAT element, the total price is what it is. Fiocchi don't advertise  Fblacks to me at £160+VAT, they're £192 per thou.

My advice to you would be do what Jocker's did, get a decent cartridge out there at a great price and word of mouth would do the rest. Being precious and comparing your cartridges to Sovereign's, won't get you far, they need to be in the hands of the masses and we can do that for you.

I guess my point is, people are looking for a sensibly priced clay cartridge. There are plenty of high-end carts out there from the major manufacturers but (forgive me if I'm wrong, Hamster) OP was asking for a competitive price on a "decent" cart, not top end with all the marketing BS. As far as quoting £166+VAT, the average consumer doesn't give a sh*t about the VAT element, the total price is what it is. Fiocchi don't advertise  Fblacks to me at £160+VAT, they're £192 per thou.

My advice to you would be do what Jocker's did, get a decent cartridge out there at a great price and word of mouth would do the rest. Being precious and comparing your cartridges to Sovereign's, won't get you far, they need to be in the hands of the masses and we can do that for you.
ok i am looking at lead again at the month end and will try to be competitive  but you are getting the best of gear  i have got the same cip proof test equipment as the birmingham proof house by sabre ballistics and you want to see the crap thats out there   do you ever get to the durham area     cheers  george

Hate to say it George because as much as I like the maverick characters who don't tow the line I think you're missing a trick here. Cartridge prices are on the up, the £200 price point has been reached, people won't pay that for normal fodder anymore, you have an opportunity to capitalise on a captive but willing audience who want a mid range (but capable) cartridge, talking about cheaper powder to save ten quid isn't helping !

There's a post on FaceBook today with Countryways offering Velocity + at £175 and £181 for felt. 

Can you please call Scott at Greenfields of Canterbury and drop a few off there so some of us can see what they're all about. 

now just to say people if you are self employed you can get the vat back on your carts if i put your name and buisness on  and bottom line on tax think about it i charge 40 pounds and will roll with 5k   for  the stamps   cheers george

now just to say people if you are self employed you can get the vat back on your carts if i put your name and buisness on  and bottom line on tax think about it i charge 40 pounds and will roll with 5k   for  the stamps   cheers george
I doubt that would go down well come renewal time for yer licence. 

until you're audited! - by you, I mean me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hate to say it George because as much as I like the maverick characters who don't tow the line I think you're missing a trick here. Cartridge prices are on the up, the £200 price point has been reached, people won't pay that for normal fodder anymore, you have an opportunity to capitalise on a captive but willing audience who want a mid range (but capable) cartridge, talking about cheaper powder to save ten quid isn't helping !

There's a post on FaceBook today with Countryways offering Velocity + at £175 and £181 for felt. 

Can you please call Scott at Greenfields of Canterbury and drop a few off there so some of us can see what they're all about. 
ok will do  must go dinner time  cheers  george

let me also say chaps if i take  a 28 gram same spec as afore mentioned and drop  shot in size say 5 or 6   put a pheasant on the stencil in ink    i can get all day long 210 to 220   now that doesnt  sound bad does it   have a look at cart prices and report back on game 28 gram prices   then maybe you will see us geordies arnt daft    why flog my machines to death   for sweeties   same job once rolling to make 28 gram  for clays and 28 gram  for  game   no difference on a ton of lead price    hope you understand :angel:  cheers george
So reading this gives me the impression you would rather run your machines to produce carts for Game shooters which return a higher profit margine than "Sweetie" carts for us clay breakers which kinda negates you coming on "Shootclay"

until you audited!
100 percent classed as advertizing

So reading this gives me the impression you would rather run your machines to produce carts for Game shooters which return a higher profit margine than "Sweetie" carts for us clay breakers which kinda negates you coming on "Shootclay"
no there are 12 months to the year  and i am trying for feedback  without working for nothing due to the high priced components i am using   for example  the  incriment of brass from 8mm to 12 mm is about 6 euros per thousand  not alot eh  now buy a full artic of 1.8 million   10 800 euros difference   want to throw that away 4 times a year   cheers  george

until you're audited! - by you, I mean me!
If GeOrge is going through the audit threshold, good for him!

Nothing wrong with running cartridges through a business, it's a legitimate expense for entertaining clients, same for golf balls etc..

If GeOrge is going through the audit threshold, good for him!

Nothing wrong with running cartridges through a business, it's a legitimate expense for entertaining clients, same for golf balls etc..
Sure, if it's legit. IMO, it's not good business practice advertising on a public forum that you can write off the VAT if you're self employed. You could apply the same logic to any VATable purchase if you wanted.  Joe the plumber is going to struggle the explain to HMRC why he bought 10,000 shotgun cartridges to entertain clients. I run a limited company and could probably get away with it but there's no way I would try it. I'd rather pay a for a decent shell at a good price including VAT.

There isn't an audit threshold, anyone can be audited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back