Pro sport v summit ascent ??

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for reply’s, I’m not bother about fashion I like the view on the slightly higher rib, doesn’t look as nice, the standard summit also comes with a schnabel, I prefer a beaver tail/trap style 
If the raised rib matters to you it seems the choice among mid range sporters is limited to the 2 of the title. Trap guns open up the choices a lot and many of them are now multi choked.

When I was last looking to add another gun I spread the word and was able to try numerous different guns. The one I shot most was a Summit Ascent belonging to Clynt (who is a member on here) and that finally convinced me to buy a CG. I certainly wasn't aware of any difference in the sight picture with the Ascent nor did it have a more heads up mount, so I bought a standard rib Challenger because in use I couldn't honestly tell any difference other than the Ascent being slightly heavier.

I have owned five Discos over the past 25 years and I can say that all of them have been 100% reliable and exceptionally good cars. Draw your own conclusions and connect the dots.
I've had one Range Rover and three Discoverys in the past 32 years. I had great pleasure in driving them and they were very comfortable and capable vehicles. However, they all managed to run up huge garage bills to question my sanity.

I now have a Honda CRV which in the year of ownership has cost me diddly squat apart from one service at the local dealership.

I've had one Range Rover and three Discoverys in the past 32 years. I had great pleasure in driving them and they were very comfortable and capable vehicles. However, they all managed to run up huge garage bills to question my sanity.

I now have a Honda CRV which in the year of ownership has cost me diddly squat apart from one service at the local dealership.
nice to hear  as  I am buying a honda hrv    never had honda before   fingers crossed !!

How did this degenerate into a car review ?

Get back on track not offroad .

I’ve got a Haden filter coffee machine I bought for £12 in 2009. Gurgles a bit now, but still works well. Not sure it fits me perfectly. 

I have at least one of every shotgun ever made for clayshooting and many Game guns also .

The best value for money gun by far are made by Miroku .

I have a few Krieghoffs and I guess that I have been very unlucky with them as everyone bar one has been troublesome , poorly made and very definately overpriced .But many people I know have never had a minutes trouble with their Krieghoffs .

I had Land Rover and Range Rover products for thirty year and they were troublesome , thankfully I made many friends , all Mechanics at Land Rover agents .

I now drive a Skoda and have no friends.

Haden Kettles are ,or were British made in the Midlands and good quality , they cannot be blamed for an unbalanced cog manufacturers spillages.

We have a Miele Vaccum  

Its black, very nice and the carpet seems happy enough  

Ooo, I've got a new Meile tumble drier arriving today. I'm obviously going up in the world.

You don't like Guerini then Wylye?

Never had an issue with Guerini quality , got one and it hasn't had one issue at all .

I personally prefer Miroku against all others , but that is from over forty years experience . 

I think all the mainstream manufacturers are good , reliable .

Although I do think that maybe Beretta have lost their way a little over the last few years with too many models that just haven't worked and poor reliability .

But of course there are many Beretta users who have very old , very reliable guns, a 686 will take some  beating any day .
Bloomin Eck....................so you must have still been in short trousers when I bought my 800 from NWSS   ?      😲

Last edited by a moderator:
Westley , 40 plus  years of Miroku , Parker Hale hadn't imported them before then !  When you bought your 800 I was possibly there shooting my BSA.😂😂😂

Well bit the bullet and went with what felt best for me, guerini won, didn’t like the feeling of the pro sport, local gun shop had a s/h one so didn’t hit the wallet as hard as it could have 😃

Good man, you won’t be disappointed.....enjoy it until it falls to bits 😜

Mine hasn’t mind you, so perhaps I should send you some positive thoughts 🙂

Back