Thinking of getting new gun, i have a shortlist. Opinions please

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevekeat

Ok so i shoot a starter gun, Winchester select 2 Sporting. Its been a great gun but I think i want to get something better so i have been looking around.

The List

Caesar Guerini Summit 32"

Browning Ultra XS Titanium Prestige

Browning B725 Sporter

Can anyone give good me reasons for not getting the above.

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve, I'm not going to name a gun. There will be about 10 pages of this thread to follow that will do that :)

What I would say, is that now you have shot a bit, you might just be in a position to choose one that suits. In other words, try a few. Find somewhere that will let you sample some good used guns. See what feels promising. Just remember that any gun change will feel different and you may go a touch backwards before you go forwards.

Steve, I'm not going to name a gun. There will be about 10 pages of this thread to follow that will do that :)

What I would say, is that now you have shot a bit, you might just be in a position to choose one that suits. In other words, try a few. Find somewhere that will let you sample some good used guns. See what feels promising. Just remember that any gun change will feel different and you may go a touch backwards before you go forwards.
I am sold on a summit really but want to know if there are any major issues with them to worry about.

I think they are fine, but don't buy a dream gun without trying it. You can soon learn to hate it if you can't hit anything! Been there..

Hi Steve seeing where you as in the country it may be worth you going down to coleys and see if they have a summit you can try out , nothing better in getting a feel for the gun than actually shooting some targets... just an thought .. 

My son was advised by Phil Coley and he was given the choice between a Beretta, Browning 725 and a Miroku which were within striking distance of his budget.

He chose the Browning 725 sporter as it had a palm swell which suited his pistol shooting background and felt more comfortable than the other two.

He was then able to shoot their demo gun on two separate occasions during lessons and at registered comps to confirm his choice.

Very pleased to recommend Phil who was excellent.

3 good guns IMO, and in terms of being a good buy you'll not go far wrong. But as others have said, try them out if you can.  Coleys are helpful and their shop is on their shooting ground. 

Steve I've been shooting a summit 32" for 7 years now - fantastic gun and I haven't experienced a single issue with mine. In terms of handling its superb. Your welcome to have a round with mine if your shooting at Orston on Sunday.

Back