Pre shot routine....

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did find that interesting, mainly because it was when Nic coached me on OT, she sorted out my focus point pre-call and to keep the gun still while I settled. Previously I was moving it about like Zorro and moving whist I called.
where do you look now?

where do you look now?
In front of each peg I look to the trap house and the orange marker (clay) for the central point. I then take a point around 12" above this and look for a unique feature that I can always use. TBH I still haven't worked out the crossing point thing.

I hold the gun between the central trap marker and the point in the ground I identified earlier. Settle for a couple of seconds while looking at my marker. Then call and wait for the flash a split-second later

Visualisation !

When I am shooting well, I have a set routine.

I clear my head of all conversations previous, focus on what I am about to do, visualise the flight of a clay, the required hold, move, lead and trigger point (for sporting or skeet) fit cartridges and align heads, close gun, pause, balance breathing, call and shoot, gun open, remove shells (override ejectors) cartridges in bin, blow smoke clear of barrels, repeat the process until the referee says unload, haven't got a clue how many pairs I have shot, but I do boil at the ones I miss and after leaving the stand I beat myself up mentally and then determine to do better and dismiss the misses, determining to not let any more silly ones slip through the net.

With OT I don't wait for the Flash, I move WITH /TO the flash if that makes sense, but it isn't a rush, or a slash, it's a smooth move, triggering as I move onto the lead edge.

Back