Ported chokes

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the stock was suposed to put the recoil straight back instead of pivoting up and around the shoulder, It did seem to work.

Well if it worked then fair enough mate,

imo the main thing that effects muzzle flip is the pitch,

just saying as they say.

the recoil had been significantly reduced until the last mod, the overboring for some reason increased the recoil partly.

:preved:
Overboring removes metal which reduces the overall weight which increases recoil.

ps. Just to qualify that remember if you buy a factory overbored gun because the blurb says they shoot softer, there is no way of knowing how it would have shot had it not been overbored ! Before and after MUST mean more recoil because of Newton's Law.

Last edited by a moderator:
Known as a Reverse Monte Carlo and was a hot ticket for about ten minutes tho a few w/ a taste for the.....well, whatever, and some no-neck creatures persisted for a while.  IIRC there was even a commercial variation offered at one time, I think it was a Valmet but no bets on it.  I cannot see how it could reduce recoil tho a way high comb/rib combo will make a straight line thru the bore to the body contact point.  I have to admit that the motivation for the geometry eludes me.

I knew one pigeon/bunker shooter that had a RMC on an SO4 (he even had double triggers so that may provide a clue to his motivations) and he shot fairly well.  He was a Type AAAAAA personality and died at an early age of an exploded heart.  I'm not sure that the RMC had anything to do with that.

Latest posts

Back