Ported Chokes

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FARMER

Sure this has been asked before,but can't find a link.Are ported chokes allowed in reg.trap shoots ie. DTL ABT UT and OT. Fancy trying an extended Teague ported in the bottom of my Perazzi.Anybody had any experience of them or any other replacement chokes.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that so few people use them, at least at DTL, says a good deal about their effectiveness. There's anecdotal evidence to suggest they reduce recoil but you'll not notice any performance improvement over an existing choke.

I'd spend your money elsewhere if I were you. 

I've been giving this some intense thot and I've come to the conclusion that the ported tubes will certainly reduce recoil thru the reduction of the dreaded rocket blast element of recoil since that final gas blast will be bled off before the wad exits the barrel.  I'm sure even the crudest measuring deices would be able to detect the significant difference.

or not

I've been giving this some intense thot and I've come to the conclusion that the ported tubes will certainly reduce recoil thru the reduction of the dreaded rocket blast element of recoil since that final gas blast will be bled off before the wad exits the barrel.  I'm sure even the crudest measuring deices would be able to detect the significant difference.

or not
I was under the impression that inverse did where as direct caused more...measuring with my grannys kitchen scales and a ruler i have verified this.

Latest posts

Back