popular ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both Richard and Bret W shot sporting from an early age competitively so far as I'm aware so really they've gone back to it rather than moved on to it if I were to be pedantic.  

DS

Thanks for the full and candid explaination. Can't say I agree with some of your opinions, particularly those regarding Beveley but each to their own. Personally I love it but hey-ho. You don't say whether you tried any other forms of trap (other than DTL)? You do make it sound as if you gave up trap because of a strop over an  power cut and a subsequent administration error though?

It is a fact that there is not much money to be made from actual trap shooting, even at the highest level (or from providing trap shooting facilities for that matter) which I guess is the reason some high profile trap shooters have given it up to pursue a living from sporting where the money seems to be, both in prizes and in providing facilities. Let's not forget though it was trap shooting that brought them initial notoriety. 

I'm pleased that you have found a discipline that suits your personal circumstances and that you really enjoy, as I have with trap shooting. I agree it's not a laugh a minute while you are actually shooting, but then again I don't see many smiling while shooting sporting at a competing level either. I also see angry cartridge chuckers in both disciplines so they are both as frustrating as each other. Is one easier than the other? No idea and don't really care. 

As you say "shoot well and enjoy"

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
This is one of those situations we'd never have got ourselves into chatting face to face, (ips) clearly meant no malice, everyone has valid points, no point antagonising one another when most haven't even met. I'd rather shoot empty shells on the ground than be at work  :lol:  so Trap can't be all that bad. 

Its a pretty poor show when a member feels he has to put his life story on here to appease other members or to justify a post.

Its almost like when a particular member posts on here a witch hunt begins.

I am personally fed up with it.

+1 to what Rosso said above.

To add to the thread though, who would want to shoot a fast retreating target anyway? You wouldn't do it if it were a Pheasant so in reality it's just not "Sporting" in the true sense of the word?

Leave shooting "games" to the foreigners I say.

I think everyone is getting a bit over sensitive here.  Firstly I do not feel Ips was being provocative, I took it that he was having a bit of a laugh that the rest of us were left squabbling over things to the amusement of Deershooter hence Ips putting a smiley face there.  Secondly Deershooter did not have to put everything  up, he could just as well said "I just find it boring" and left it at that.  He chose to give an explanation and I don't feel he is the type of person to be made to do anything he does not want to.

Personally I think you are more likely to become an excellent shooter (if you happen to choose a discipline eventually), if you have experienced LOTS of disciplines.  Its all good in the end whatever you find enjoyable.   We all take the mick out of each other's disciplines on here and its just that having a bit of fun.  Nobody seriously thinks less of someone do they because they happen to like DTL instead of OT or are a Fitasc shooter instead of a Sporting Shooter, at least I hope not.

Okay better do a bit of work now.

exactly Sian

when have I ever been offensive to anyone as you say hence smiley. At least you and the other old school understand my humour.

exactly Sian

when have I ever been offensive to anyone as you say hence smiley. At least you and the other old school understand my humour.
​I know Ips and they just don't realise how technical it is for the likes of you and me to find a suitable smiley to use. xx

This is correct were luddites ye see B)

ooh found them :D

"i will challenge any one to any discipline and hold my own on a level playing field, so strap on them stilts and come and challenge me because that's what it's like shooting on two prosthetic legs .Disability will not beat me and keep me from the sport I love . "

I do not think that anybody actually questioned your shooting ability, on the contrary I think there was a recognition that you could shoot very well and the question was why you chose to stop shooting trap all together,  to be fair. For me a simple I don't shoot trap because I want to enjoy shooting and trap does not give me that would have done. By the way there is a guy down here shoots DTL from a wheel chair... amazing shot and out shoots all but the best of the other categories.

ips....... keyboard warrior.... hahaha hahaha hahaha 

show us yer spear then..... no, that sounded wrong,  er, well,  you know what I mean ?

ips....... keyboard warrior.... hahaha hahaha hahaha 

show us yer spear then..... no, that sounded wrong,  er, well,  you know what I mean ?
​Hold up a mo Phil!! What about all the stick I took off him when I got a k gun? In fact he cut me out of his will too! Pmsl!!

"i will challenge any one to any discipline and hold my own on a level playing field, so strap on them stilts and come and challenge me because that's what it's like shooting on two prosthetic legs .Disability will not beat me and keep me from the sport I love . "

I do not think that anybody actually questioned your shooting ability, on the contrary I think there was a recognition that you could shoot very well and the question was why you chose to stop shooting trap all together,  to be fair. For me a simple I don't shoot trap because I want to enjoy shooting and trap does not give me that would have done. By the way there is a guy down here shoots DTL from a wheel chair... amazing shot and out shoots all but the best of the other categories.
​Whats the wheelchair shooter named?only I may of shot with him when we had fitasc handisport.If he doesn't already know could you tell him about the Fitav push for para clay shooting and they have another international OT comp sanctioned by the ipc in Italy later this year.

If shooting off "stilts" is so hard why not just shoot from sitting at all disciplines?The best disabled shooter I have ever known has two prosthetic legs but shoots seated and when he was on form not many able bodied could beet him.

Hi paul b

The person is called Christophe Laffont. I think he is quite severely handicapped but still manages to shoot. I think he may have some brain damage as he does not communicate very well but is one of those very happy type of people who is very popular. Could send a photo if you need it.

I think that it is always worth a wee smirk when I hear people tell how easy trap is to shoot. First with out being disrespectful DTL is a very tame version of trap... but although easy to shoot the targets , so I am told, It is definitely not easy to win a competition at. Faster trap formats are harder to learn and just as hard to win a comp. Getting back to the ease of learning it may be fair to say that it is a form of shooting where an individual can quite quickly see their scores increase, the problem is for nearly all is that normally they plateau two or three targets below what is required to be anywhere near winning a scratch competition. Mr Deer shooter I will give you two years to get there but if you are winning scratch OT comps within that time I will scoff me shoes with salt and pepper on, it is futile shooting 23's and 24's !
​He will never win a 'scratch' competition.............................cos he bites his nails  :cool:

Well that proves it must be easy 100 people shooting 295 or better funny thing is British open sporting last year had over 1300 people shoot we didn't get 100 people shoot 118 ex 120 

Back