Owls Lodge 22nd Oct

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard59

Have manipulated to work diary to book onto this shoot, on at 10am, have changed the 682 to a DT10 so I'll be using all the usual cliche excuses for my lack of success, will try and not be too grumpy :)

Have manipulated to work diary to book onto this shoot, on at 10am, have changed the 682 to a DT10 so I'll be using all the usual cliche excuses for my lack of success, will try and not be too grumpy :)
better get down the gym .....? them girls take some stopping , get the air breaks sorted pronto hahaha red chokes will kill 90% of targets  :wink:

A good course today and good company, shooting with lots of mates. No horrible stands but some good testing targets especially stands 2 and 3. A superb 94 from Ade Johnson on my squad. I had a decent day, spoiled by stupidity on one stand, but happy enough with 91. Fully booked at Owls today. I think there is a 96/7 out there perhaps.

Update, Nick Portlock on 97!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well shot Ade and Chipper, in a squad if new faces, we all seemed to get on, all very pleasant people, well apart from me that is :) hopefully will see them all around once again. 

Me and the DT had a mixed bag, had a couple of nightmare stands, a report pair of left to right crossers in particular! others where I could have kicked my own arse following some misses, and a couple where I felt reasonably pleased with myself a report pair of trap targets put the :) on for a stand or two. I doubt very much if the change if gun hindered nor helped me, my errors were the usual self inflicted incompetence which I now have every intention of working on putting right over the next few months.

Saw Sain who was in good spirits as was Jane, and nearly bounced into Nicola in the car park, she was most jovial.

A good course today and good company, shooting with lots of mates. No horrible stands but some good testing targets especially stands 2 and 3. A superb 95 from Ade Johnson on my squad. I had a decent day, spoiled by stupidity on one stand, but happy enough with 91. Fully booked at Owls today. I think there is a 96/7 out there perhaps.

at least you beat that old norfolk shooting iinstructor.

Really enjoyed Owls Lodge and was happy enough with my score and really happy with a few stands.  Good squad always enjoy shooting with Jane and Tom Phillips and Tim Taylor.  Not one swear word either.

A good course today and good company, shooting with lots of mates. No horrible stands but some good testing targets especially stands 2 and 3. A superb 94 from Ade Johnson on my squad. I had a decent day, spoiled by stupidity on one stand, but happy enough with 91. Fully booked at Owls today. I think there is a 96/7 out there perhaps.

Well shot Will .. 91 very well done.

2,3 and trap were definite places to trip up. I missed 6 of my 9 on those. What was 8? Driven to left and away over right shoulder?

2,3 and trap were definite places to trip up. I missed 6 of my 9 on those. What was 8? Driven to left and away over right shoulder?
Stand 2, I got the first battue thing with such confidence and then got an eyelash in my eye which blurred my shooting eye and it all went to pot from there.  Stand 3 I did very well on using my Mark Marshall mantra smoothly going through them and obliterating them.  I was happy very happy with that stand.

PS: The trap stand I could only see the right hand target properly, the other one just was hard for me to see again the grey.

Then we share the same bad stands P1.. I missed two rabbits by being too cautious (worried about missing in front but it actually needed a push to the bottom right edge I found). Then when I smashed one, I was too busy admiring the kill and forgot to shoot the other bird properly. I was cross for this stand as it was just poor execution for me and took me many places down the results list.

Then we share the same bad stands P1.. I missed two rabbits by being too cautious (worried about missing in front but it actually needed a push to the bottom right edge I found). Then when I smashed one, I was too busy admiring the kill and forgot to shoot the other bird properly. I was cross for this stand as it was just poor execution for me and took me many places down the results list.
It seems so. Just a shame my score wasnt as "bad" as yours :)

Latest posts

Back