ORSTON SHOOTING GROUND

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another good Video Ben.  Good to see Emma in action again as well!  We must catch up at some point chum.

I like Orston as well. Great ground!

Went sunday, shoot was spoil by 6 stands throwing clays thru the sun, one i walked away, just too bright, I agree with all the comments above about the upkeep etc but this is the second time in a month one of our group has had the day spoilt by this problem, its not like they lacking space and potential direction to avoid this, That sun thing. been passing there for thousands of years. After raising this with staff  the three of us wont return till at least april.

Went sunday, shoot was spoil by 6 stands throwing clays thru the sun, one i walked away, just too bright, I agree with all the comments above about the upkeep etc but this is the second time in a month one of our group has had the day spoilt by this problem, its not like they lacking space and potential direction to avoid this, That sun thing. been passing there for thousands of years. After raising this with staff  the three of us wont return till at least april.
The sun wasn't the biggest problem, somebody decided to set off a huge firework in the car park. The management was not impressed and demanded the culprits came forward as they had cctv of them. My mates were there and said it was like a bomb going off. Not good at all!

The sun wasn't the biggest problem, somebody decided to set off a huge firework in the car park. The management was not impressed and demanded the culprits came forward as they had cctv of them. My mates were there and said it was like a bomb going off. Not good at all!
Thats just plain stupidity,  i must have left before that happened, "Seen you on CCTV" Hmmm.

That black Labrador can shoot a bit as well.

Seen it at loads of registered shoots. :D

Went Sunday to shoot Sport Trap.  3rd Layout targets behind the bank coming from the sun.  Load of B*****ks.

Like Orston......but if they don't think about the sun I won't shoot there anymore.  Waste of money and shells the last 2 layouts.  I pay to shoot....not to win.  But I can't shoot what I can't see.

Silly really. Thats the 3rd shoot I've been to there in the last 6 weeks and I've had to shoot into the sun. But that 3rd layout was ridiculous.

Makes me so angry when course setters do that. It’s when they say “but it was cloudy when I set it” that I want to batter them.

Went Sunday to shoot Sport Trap.  3rd Layout targets behind the bank coming from the sun.  Load of B*****ks.

Like Orston......but if they don't think about the sun I won't shoot there anymore.  Waste of money and shells the last 2 layouts.  I pay to shoot....not to win.  But I can't shoot what I can't see.

Silly really. Thats the 3rd shoot I've been to there in the last 6 weeks and I've had to shoot into the sun. But that 3rd layout was ridiculous.
Its downright stupid, did you speak with the management? they are getting further from our money every weekend. 3 of us travel 90 miles eachway , my limit for a scorched retina is 50.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went for the first time in a few weeks last Wednesday took one look at the sport trap laughed and shot two rounds of skeet then went home . The two people who shot the sport trap in front of me shot 5 and 7 ex 25 .never did I see the E bird . Just don't understand why they  set the bar so high on a Wednesday's when there is nothing to win I think the top score was about 18 for the day .

A good business man would set it so some one who shoots it comes off wanting to have another go !  not wanting to swap there pride and joy gun for a set of golf clubs and never shoot again .

Its downright stupid, did you speak with the management? they are getting further from our money every weekend. 3 of us travel 90 miles eachway , my limit for a scorched retina is 50.
Coming soon to Eriswell will be 100 ESP Reg & 100 STR Reg all on the same day, maybe worth travelling another few extra miles & shoot 2 comps in one day !!.....just saying  :cool:

Coming soon to Eriswell will be 100 ESP Reg & 100 STR Reg all on the same day, maybe worth travelling another few extra miles & shoot 2 comps in one day !!.....just saying  :cool:
Very handy for those in the south, we live 90 miles North of Orston.

Do you think we could persuade them to get rid of the cemented in card posts that are directly in front of you.  I shot a sportrap there a good few months back and there was a very low going away bird like OT or UT and I was hindered by the poster make them lower at least.

There's a giveaway raffle running on my YouTube channel, check it out

Latest posts

Back