One eye or two???

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talking of diet for shooters reminds me of a top shot telling me a few years ago that he used to pack loads of carbohydrates in the day before a shoot and possibly on the morning of the shoot, he also told me to avoid sugar, caffine and any other quick fix pep you ups, stick to drinking decent things like water and fruit juices. I also believe he advised against the greasy bacon butty before a shoot because......I cant remember .

Makes sense. You can store the equivalent of about 1000 calories of carbs in your liver for use over extended periods of exertion (in the case of shooting usefull if you have a long round ahead) and ploughing the right stuff down in the morning will give you a steady release over the morning. Anything fatty will make you sluggish and lots of sugar is bad as mentioned previously. Takes a strong mind to hold off of the fry up especially if you felt like I did this morning!

EdSolomons said:

Makes sense. You can store the equivalent of about 1000 calories of carbs in your liver for use over extended periods of exertion (in the case of shooting usefull if you have a long round ahead) and ploughing the right stuff down in the morning will give you a steady release over the morning. Anything fatty will make you sluggish and lots of sugar is bad as mentioned previously. Takes a strong mind to hold off of the fry up especially if you felt like I did this morning!
I'm glad you agreed with that ., and yep I remember now, thats why you said to lay off the greasy stuff? See I did listen mate /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Back