No guns in hotels?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The boot of a locked car is just as safe as a hotel room, with cleaners and hotel staff all having access to your room!

The point is without all the bits together the parts of a shot gun is as dangerous as a plank of wood!

The boot of a locked car is just as safe as a hotel room, with cleaners and hotel staff all having access to your room!
The boot of your car is unattended and remote from you unless you are sleeping in the car? I would not be happy with that for my gun. We are kind of attached to each other.  :prankster:

When I say my gun is always in my control, I mean it doesn't leave my side. Where I go, it goes too, although I don't take it in the shower with me, but it will be locked to an immovable object in the room outside. Yes, it goes with me when I eat too! No, I don't go out to a pub for a drink or a meal. That's all part of the "extra precautions" I take.

Never lost one yet (or a component part of one either!).   :biggrin:

A mate of mine (he is on here) got stopped on a Sunday morning for speeding in a 30mph area. Two young coppers spotted his gun and ammo in the car and flipped out. 100 questions etc. A call to the station did get them in touch with a sane older copper who talked them down from the tree..
I got stopped by an unmarked silver Audi estate whilst speeding coming out of Brighton. I had no guns on board just the wife and grandson.

They gave me my first ever ticket in 41 years of driving.

They then gave me a lecture on my firearms details which also came up on their computer.

Implying that I should drive carefully as I hold forearms certificate.

I then had to open the boot and they searched my car I presume for firearms.

It's no wonder people think its a police state.

I got stopped by an unmarked silver Audi estate whilst speeding coming out of Brighton.

I had no guns on board just the wife and grandson.

They then gave me a lecture on my firearms details which also came up on their computer.

A very good friend of mine has been threntened with the removal of their SGC because of unprooven speeding tickets.

Case thrown out of court yet the police still wanted to revoke the SGC.....

I used to give the police my fullest support but that seriuosly dented my resolve.

Jem can usually get a sentence written correctly. Today however, he appears to be using a cows udder to type on a Blackberry keyboard.

I'm under pressure today.

I'm having a "quite" day myself.

Sorry, I meant quiet, like in "Southdown"???

All that public school education wasted???? And for what?? :sarcastic:
I know hundreds of thousands of pounds spent and I'm only a lowly salesman.
My poor Pater.

Of course the safest way is to not stay in a hotel but have a motorhome, caravan or tent and sleep with it under your pillow. Works for me, job done.

PS

Just spell checked my post to avoid anymore insults from you spelling pedants out there :)

I got stopped by an unmarked silver Audi estate whilst speeding coming out of Brighton.

I had no guns on board just the wife and grandson.

I was told when I applied for my SGC that the likes of speeding tickets and other motoring offences can be an alarm bell to the police, the reason being that to them, it is showing reckless behaviour, so if you can't be trusted to behave with a car, they start wondering whether they should let you own a shotgun.

I wondered how they would react when I mentioned I had a motorcycle licence, and a bike, so therefore must a dangerous risk taker, but they let it through without question. Must depend on the officer in question.

I was told when I applied for my SGC that the likes of speeding tickets and other motoring offences can be an alarm bell to the police, the reason being that to them, it is showing reckless behaviour, so if you can't be trusted to behave with a car, they start wondering whether they should let you own a shotgun.

I wondered how they would react when I mentioned I had a motorcycle licence, and a bike, so therefore must a dangerous risk taker, but they let it through without question. Must depend on the officer in question.
I agree. To be honest I was doing 90 on the M23. Had a god awful day in Brighton. Including almost being mugged in a car park whilst my grandson watched.

Told the police that. They could not care less.

First nick in 41 years. Cost me £60 and 3 points.

Had my SGC for 42 years and have a full CRB cert.

Of course the safest way is to not stay in a hotel but have a motorhome, caravan or tent and sleep with it under your pillow. Works for me, job done.

PS

Just spell checked my post to avoid anymore insults from you spelling pedants out there :)
Ian, how the bloody hell do you get a motorhome, caravan or tent under your pillow???

How big is your pillow?? 

:spiteful:   :spiteful:

Unbelievable on the part of the Hotel and especially the Police.

Always wise to check with accommodation providers that they are willing to have guns on their premises when booking.
Why they will generally panic ring head office who will tell you "No" nothign illegal or wrong with having them in your hotel room....

The hotel’s general manager Josie Simcox confirmed yesterday: ‘We do not allow firearms in the guest bedrooms.’
Begs the question where they do allow them......

Last edited by a moderator:
Hotshot, you're absolutely right. Rachel was not competing, she was only a filler. To suggest the experience caused a lack of sleep thereby affecting her performance is taking it a little far. It would'nt have made any difference if she'd scored nothing.

Sensationalist and inaccurate journalism, i'd be interested to know who the source was.
Rachel i suspect.

I agree. To be honest I was doing 90 on the M23. Had a god awful day in Brighton.

Including almost being mugged in a car park whilst my grandson watched.

Told the police that. They could not care less.

First nick in 41 years. Cost me £60 and 3 points.

Had my SGC for 42 years and have a full CRB cert.
I drive about 30k miles a year and based on what I see, the crispy kreme brigade's primary concern is in collecting revenue, then assisting accidents, avoiding criminals and pikeys, and nicking normal tax paying folk.

Latest posts

Back