New Year's Day - what's on ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Will, just realised that it was you that I was chatting to first thing this morning with Gav B. Apologies for not introducing myself !!

Hope you enjoyed the layout.

See you again soon I'm sure.

All the best

Peter
Ah! Sorry, should have twigged also. Nice to meet you. :)

That wasn't their best shoot.. Good bits of the ground not used. If I don't see another high stalling looper for a while I'll be happy.. Still, blew the cobwebs (and champagne head) away. Their coffee is great!

It was all a bit high and in the gaps in the trees. I see what you mean about it being a great piece of land and easily able to rival Weston Wood but it needs some thought about how to set lower targets without endangering people on the other side of the "circle" . The chap at the booking in counter seemed very friendly and enthusiastic so hopefully it will develop and grown into the environment.

It was all a bit high and in the gaps in the trees. I see what you mean about it being a great piece of land and easily able to rival Weston Wood but it needs some thought about how to set lower targets without endangering people on the other side of the "circle" . The chap at the booking in counter seemed very friendly and enthusiastic so hopefully it will develop and grown into the environment.
They can use the middle area to put on more interesting targets, so daft that they didn't! They seem to press on with their own ideas rather than look at other places and take inspiration.

Rather annoyingly, it seems there is a HG category you need to enter to be eligible for the prize fund! I asked the bloke what the entry was; he said £35 so I paid it. (No offer of the alternative). Well that cost me the split of £130. Sigh..

Well shot Will. Good to say hi again Peter. I shot ok but still checking lead on a few stands, rather than just getting on with it.Happy to smash all the rabbits. Needs to be more variety of targets although still good practice with the new gun.

Well shot Will. Good to say hi again Peter. I shot ok but still checking lead on a few stands, rather than just getting on with it.Happy to smash all the rabbits. Needs to be more variety of targets although still good practice with the new gun.
Hi Gav, good to see you again too.Glad you got on well with the rabbits - that stand was a mare for me! Couldn't find the Battue and missed all but one of the rabbits. Might have been a bit easier if the rabbit had been orange I just couldn't see it !

With a bit more variety it could be a very good ground.

Latest posts

Back