New Shooting Ground Somerset

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok folks, as promised here is an update with just a week to go till the doors open!!

As mentioned we will be starting on a modest scale with 6 or 7 stands for practice and tuition. We will be fibre wad only and we will have cartridges to sell at the venue.

Current plans (though they may change) are to run several Sporting stands, an ABT stand (from one peg only) and a 3 bird flush. We may also put on a NAS (Nearly Al Sheba) stand at some point in the future for those who are brave enough!!! Though we will listen to peoples feedback on that one......

Opening times will be from 10 till 5 and we will be open next Friday and Saturday (13th & 14th)

Location is Kingweston near Street in Somerset. As yet we have no postcode but for those who are a whizz with a sat nav the co ordinates are 51 04 26.2 N and 2 41 07.4 W

We are off Reynalds Way (sat nav should find this) close to where it bisects the B3153. It is 6 miles (approx. 10 mins) from the A37 / A303 junction at Podimore.

Prices will be 30p per clay, tuition is available by appointment and other coaches are welcome to use the facilities with no surcharge over the standard clay rate.

There is a portable loo on site and there will be light refreshments available in our fairly basic "clubhouse". The venue is accessed via a hard track, though there are (aren't there always) a few potholes so please drive slowly and those with Lambo's, Ferrari's etc may want to source alternative transport.... :)

The car parking area is hard standing and the majority of the stands will be on or very near to gravelled path / track so if it does rain it shouldn't become a mud bath.

We are aiming to make it informal and fun so if you fancy a change from the norm please pop down and see us.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Don

Best of luck Don, I hope it succeeds. If you need any help or advice I can send you Cyril's number! Just let me know.    :biggrin:

Well I taught Ian all he knows about the job whilst I rolled a cigarette one day at Wylye! :haha:   :crazy:

:fie:  You know and I know that you are beating your head against a brick wall with me Ian. :crazy:

Posted Yesterday, 11:20 PM
shootinguru, on 09 Mar 2015 - 6:25 PM, said:
:fie: What is serious? I can't even shoot seriously

Wylye
I think you missed out a comma between 'shoot' and 'seriously' :biggrin:

I think he's been taking lessons from my Troll------- opp

Last edited by a moderator:
Back