New ground , The Clay Shooting Company

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really do hope this comes off, it's only 2 minutes up the road from me and would be fantastic if it happened. I'll have an ask around locally about scorers, at the risk of sounding like an idiot as a newbie shooter are there any qualifications required to be a scorer?
At least one working eye and be in possession of a coat. I’m sure on the job training would be given! I wrote a quick guide to assist my son when he did a bit last year, which I can send to anybody who wants it.

Steve Lovatt

March 8 at 11:56 AMhttps://www.facebook.com/steve.lovatt.12/posts/2211654872262048 · 

New ground news !!
We are planning to run our first competition at the Willingshurst estate next Friday , a week today 
It will be run over 12 stands as an open shoot competition shot in Cpsa classes

Shooting will start at 10.00 with last entry at 2.00 pm

Postcode for the shoot is GU5 9EL
Hopefully see you all there

Please pass the word around to all your shooting colleagues this weekend 
Many thanks

Saw that. I don't get enough annual leave to take a day off for a non-Reg shoot. Hope it takes off and moves to Saturdays.

+1 for weekend move. Already too many shoots mid week which I can’t attend due to work. 

Shame as this is on the doorstep. 

Fair enough since it's a brand new shoot, but is this likely to have a regular bird only non comp thing as well, much like Owls Lodge down the road and other grounds? Guessing yes, but good to clarify how often it's gonna be open to punters and what days, sort of thing.

Fair enough since it's a brand new shoot, but is this likely to have a regular bird only non comp thing as well, much like Owls Lodge down the road and other grounds? Guessing yes, but good to clarify how often it's gonna be open to punters and what days, sort of thing.
It will unlikely ever be open for just practice per se. That’s just not what he does. Shooting competition layouts is actually the best practice generally, as it makes you consider score and the targets are generally good. 

This Friday sees the first of our competitions at this glorious ground 

it’s 100 open sporting sh*t in Cpsa classes 

Shooting starts at 10 with 12 stands and refs on each stand 

catering and refreshments will be available 

see you Friday 

This Friday sees the first of our competitions at this glorious ground 

it’s 100 open sporting sh*t in Cpsa classes 

Shooting starts at 10 with 12 stands and refs on each stand 

catering and refreshments will be available 

see you Friday 
Can’t turn down some sporting sh*t. I’m in.

Day off tomorrow so definitely up for this. Looking forward to it, especially being so close to home! Wind should make things interesting.

Day off tomorrow so definitely up for this. Looking forward to it, especially being so close to home! Wind should make things interesting.
I'm so used to the wind now, I'm worried I wont remember how to shoot slow settled clays when it finally drops!

I'm so used to the wind now, I'm worried I wont remember how to shoot slow settled clays when it finally drops!
I know what you mean! Shot at southdown yesterday and it was a comical experience. Still, keeps you on your toes!

I was going to book in for the Sportrap at Southdown on Saturday.  It would have been the first time I'd ever shot Sportrap.  Just looked at the forecast and changed my mind.

Went along today. Doubtless a superb bit of ground to shoot sporting clays on. Think Bisley with a hill and valley. 

From West Berkshire general travel is a bit fiddly /indirect getting through, or massively avoiding Guildford and the roads near the ground are narrow and tricky. Once inside the ground, it’s rather 4x4 territory in the winter. I suspect a couple of 2wd cars might have fun leaving today (I could be wrong). The car park will surely be tight with a big entry, which today didn’t have this morning. 

Targets were very good. I missed lots of obvious looking stuff early on, really 5 I should not have, then improved when it got harder luckily. Finished on 84. Stuart Rudling did 92. More shooters to come.. 

Lets watch and see what happens here. I repeat, it’s great for the actual shooting. 

Some serious winds forecast for tomorrow have me questioning if a 6 hour round trip to Southdown is worth it...

Latest posts

Back