New Shooting Ground Somerset

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoubleBarrelledDon

Hello all, just to let you know that after years of looking and a couple of near misses I have finally found a piece of ground on which to run a shoot. It will be located close to Street in Somerset and we will be opening on 13th & 14th of March for practice.

We are intending to walk before we can run so it wont be anything too extravagant to start with, just 6 or so stands. Fibre only (or Armusa pva wadded).

The good news is that there's a decent track down to the ground (with the obligatory few potholes), a hard standing area for parking and a gravel path serving most of the stands so it shouldn't become a mud bath!  Terrain is a mixture of wooded and open areas and should, fingers crossed allow for a good variety of presentations. Facilities are going to be fairly basic so don't expect a RBSS type experience but we do have a building where people can get under cover in the event of rain etc.

Its aimed firmly at Joe Public so don't expect 70 yard edge on crossers, entertaining and fun is what we are setting out to make it so if anyone local fancies a change from the norm please feel free to pop down and say hi.....

Will update with information on opening times etc closer to the launch but please accept my apologies if I don't update a great deal over the next week as I will be in Dubai!

Would also like to say a big thank you to those that have already helped and will be helping me with this ongoing, you know who you are :)

post-392-0-43022400-1424370139.jpg

Attachments

• kingweston logo0.jpg
    kingweston logo0.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 0
Great news Don, it's good to hear some good news with so many grounds suffering at the moment.

I wish you all the best with this and hope to see you later in the year.

Iain

1 opening in Somerset, 1 in Dorset next month too. The South West will soon be awash with Shooting Grounds (I hope!).

Best of luck with this Don. I'll have to make the trip up the M5 sometime.   :biggrin:

:fie:  Well Donald all the joyriding will now have to stop!  If you pay someone else to do the workyou will be on a hiding to nothing?

I wish you good luck but good luck comes with hard work.

You will be up against it for a start insisting on fibre wads and will have a job policing it? but if thats the rules so be it.

I hope it works out for you and that you make a go of it. :hunter:  

Well done, good luck with it Don :hunter:   Hope to find myself close enough some day to have a pop.
BTW where's Somerset again :crazy:

1 opening in Somerset, 1 in Dorset next month too. The South West will soon be awash with Shooting Grounds (I hope!).

Best of luck with this Don. I'll have to make the trip up the M5 sometime.   :biggrin:
Well I wish Don all the best! But come on Mike, the South West is almost a trap shooting desert!!!! It's alright for you flippin hedge monkeys, but no good for the rest of us, especially  us tarpies in Dorset!  :fie:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I wish Don all the best! But come on Mike, the South West is almost a trap shooting desert!!!! It's alright for you flippin hedge monkeys, but no good for the rest of us, especially  us tarpies in Dorset!  :fie:
I'm told there's loads of places in Devon to shoot Trap? Never looked for one myself of course, but I am prepared to do some cross-border raids into neighbouring counties for a bit of Sporting variety. Although I'm not a lover of the Trap disciplines, the closure of Southern Counties, and the thought that it was always there if I wanted to try them, has left a big gap over a very large area, not just the surrounding county. I really hope something is put in place for you guys, as I know what a trek it is to Brookbank or Fareham.   :biggrin:

Really, I guess it depends on what trap you are shooting; but plenty of DTL in the south west! Agreed you will have to travel some, but then that's what everyone has to do these days?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back