New Game?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well how high in yards, meters or feet would you say the majority of high game were shot? Keep in mind GD has the world record for breaking a clay at 130 meters ish.... That's not a hint
 No he doesnt. Glen Buckley 155, MEASURED yards not paces. That was a loooong way...

Well how high in yards, meters or feet would you say the majority of high game were shot? Keep in mind GD has the world record for breaking a clay at 130 meters ish.... That's not a hint
well to be honest my friend I have seen guns not even lift into birds under 50m on most top dollar shoots .....why shoot turkeys when you are paying for high birds, and sadly I have seen slayers shoot at everything that has the misfortune to enter their air space :fie:   everyone has a view on what is good .but there must be something for every one ? 

the proof may just be Steve Lovatt's shoots are busy so it's just not me who craves the challenge. dont shoot much Fitasc, but enjoy big fast birds when I do, and for the current costs I can't justify shooting straight at micky mouse stuff, so happy that Steve as made a stand on this topic.

spoke to the late AJ Smith many years ago regarding targets, he said ..they all have to be shot but you won't learn much shooting soft targets, only how to shoot soft targets !!!!!! never forgot that,because it seemed true to me.

Right final comment

Firstly all targets were vetted on Friday afternoon and adjusted accordingly they were all graded as a b or c what the point of this is beyond me made my opinion known strong wind was blowing but not gusting

Secondly there was no edge on targets I don't like shooting them and don't set them

There was no target outside of 50 paces as Clint says 50 paces is a bloody long way

The only target which on the sat I was not happy with was the crosser incomer on super sport peg 2 which was a rabbit clay but I was not allowed to describe it on menu , Barmy and is this a new rule abroad to make it harder and keep scores down ?????? Think it might be

We run sporting shoots at windrush once a month and use very similar targets I think one problem might be we don't see targets presented high in sky and way down below your feet which this ground offers so get confused because its something different

To sum up no one has the right answer but also no one has the wrong answer , a clay travels from a to b and a shooter must attempt to hit it between these points . The end amen !!!!!

In the sport of FITASC ......Paris is King if you want to play the game.

Steve I wish you the best with the shoot, I always like your shoots....you put so much time and effort into them and try to make it enjoyable for everyone.....and that is what makes a good place to shoot. :kiss:

Right final comment

Firstly all targets were vetted on Friday afternoon and adjusted accordingly they were all graded as a b or c what the point of this is beyond me made my opinion known strong wind was blowing but not gusting

Secondly there was no edge on targets I don't like shooting them and don't set them

There was no target outside of 50 paces as Clint says 50 paces is a bloody long way

The only target which on the sat I was not happy with was the crosser incomer on super sport peg 2 which was a rabbit clay but I was not allowed to describe it on menu , Barmy and is this a new rule abroad to make it harder and keep scores down ?????? Think it might be

We run sporting shoots at windrush once a month and use very similar targets I think one problem might be we don't see targets presented high in sky and way down below your feet which this ground offers so get confused because its something different

To sum up no one has the right answer but also no one has the wrong answer , a clay travels from a to b and a shooter must attempt to hit it between these points . The end amen !!!!!
This is kind of my point Steve, you set the course, the course was vetted, SO if there is any moaning surely it has to be directed to the person who vetted the course, I also agree there probably isn't a right or wrong answer, but this entire topic is an interesting read. The fitasc you did earlier in the year, the 150 bird, was one of the best shoots our squad had shot in ages, it had everything you would expect it to have and occassionally some surprises, interesting thing about that shoot was I don't remember seeing any long distance targets...

Back