New Game?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maddmatt,

The only part of your post that I liked was the fact that you list a Miroku MK38.

I have to agree wholeheartedly with Ed that to not list what type of target is being thrown is pointless. As for the creeping gunmount, easily sorted, warning , caution, penalty. Simple 
I was one of the refs this weekend and you would be surprised at how many shooters, from your average Joe Blogs to some well known names who were given warnings on day one, and on day two.

I do agree with Madd mat on the line issue. make it the TOE of the gun and the line 10cm lower. That way everyone can see the gun hold is correct.

Congrats to everyone who braved Saturdays appalling weather.

Great to see so many members there, you lot must be masochist's....... :mp3:

Pete, any organisation that is aware of, and happy for a top level competitor to set targets for the world FITASC, and then shoot them whilst competing is pretty suspect to me. Add in the new rule of not telling you what the targets are (STD, midi, rocket, battue etc), and its even more of a joke. Im sure he wont tell his team mates/family which ones are which as no doubt they would hate for anyone to have an unfair advantage...
This has to be a joke!

Its like letting the guy who set the pub quiz participate in the quiz!

Or the examiner who set the papers then sitting down to take the exam himself let alone who else gets told what to expect along the way!

Rumours rumours rumours......!

Beware people....you should only speak what you 'know' not what you have heard.......if you do not wants to be in a French court :smile:

We all hear the rumours ....coming in all shapes and sizes......and I would put money on it that not one person can substantiate any of it.

Look......you can either pay and play......or stay home where all in the garden is rosey :laugh: :laugh:

Who cares if someone has seen layouts before .....or even shot them...(IF....they did).......in the big boys game what matters on the day ...in the competition... is all that matters....

But if any of you are worried, then can I suggest that you write a letter to Fitasc Paris with ALL the factual evidence and ask them to investigate it.......until then it is rumours...rumours..... :smile:

P.s. many years ago Biddy set the targets for a UK selection shoot and also shot it.......Shuttleworth. .......true story...!

No one bothered.

It is all what you do on the actual days of the competition......that counts.

I should point out that the refereeing standards in the UK has always been conducted at a high level and to the rules, this (until very recently) was not the case overseas. I have to agree with Nicola, no real way to stop a shooter getting to shoot the pants off a ground before a major, if they can still do it in competition then good luck to them. I think if you look at the last 15 years worth of results it speaks volumes for UK shooting.

I do think some rules need to be tightened, line dropped and a return to making fitasc the yard stick it should be.

I must say at the start I love shooting the hardest shotgun game there is, and have been involved in bringing FITASC GP's to NZ, but somethings are beyond belief!  One stand Ref gets it wrong at the World FITASC in the USA and says the wrong type of target, and they react totally over the top and stop naming target types on the menu boards! Really!!  Shooters are infallible, not Refs aparently! We set a rabbit on a standard trap way up a hill, and not many read it right. It did take a bit of an 'expert' to pick its flight and quick drop, may I suggest had it been named it would have been fairer to all. I think all these knee jerk reactions and then lots of comments dosen't do the sport much good at all. If you read a few Sporing web sites, the Yanks overall don't seem that keen on the French running of the sport the way they do! To have a real World Championships you do need most countries, imagine having an Olympics with 20/30 countries! Down under we have a very good FITASC VP but he spends a lot of time banging his head against the wall, but to no avail. Says it all really.

Fitasc is without doubt the best game in town. If shooters new to it do not understand how Federations run then I am sorry for them but understand that not everyone knows the 'real politics' of a sport. The ICTSF were totally wrong to take on Fitasc by calling their shoots something daft like Federation Sporting....... :smile: but then you have to look at the arrogance behind it.

Mark my words the ICTSF will lose against Fitasc and no doubt very shortly we will see the ICTSF advertising English Sporting ....which they can of course do.

Nicola I do agree with you it is the best show about, of that there is no doubt. We tried ESP here in NZ, infact had a World Championship, but it didn't really capture the shooters imagination.

Not that it is bad in any way, it has made you guys the best shooters in the world, but it just didn't fire here.

I don't understand why FITASC and ICTSF should be going against each other, there is room for all codes, and the shooters themselves will go where they want, not the respective bodies.

There is easily room for 3 outfits, including Olympic disiplines, and going to court can do nothing for any shooting sports. We are under enough pressure already as a sport without the respective parent bodies scrapping in public! Anyway we are expecting snow down here, so off to film it for the news!!  

There will be no court ...they will cave in...mark my words :laugh:

There is room for ICTSF is they know their limits .....and that is only English Sporting, Skeet and DTL.

:laugh:

They will NEVER be competition to FITASC...just saying :laugh:

From what I can work out from this weekend fitasc sporting is a dying breed , we might as well go to the local skeet club , spread out 4 hoops put menus up and get on with it !!!!!!

As for simulated game shooting that's the biggest joke of all I had several full face battues and stds at 40 to 50 yards on weekend just like a Cotswold partridge but was told several times it's not a true representation , so I guess I won't be going on any 300 bird days in Europe and if this is what sporting abroad is like I for one don't want to know . Some people must enjoy winning by others having a bad day !!!!!!!

Fitasc is not a dying breed outside of UK....true fact.

It will still be here long after we have gone :laugh:

I love shooting abroad in the real mix. You have to up your game....very true story.

It won't die if grounds put on shoots like you did at the BGP Steve. Really enjoyed it. You couldn't get bored of those courses if you shot it every week

Trouble is Ben Europe equals big scores , closer targets so when people are used to this some not all have battered egos when they shoot a good course over here every body else's fault and not theirs

Thankfully there are still shooters that appreciate good well presented clays And don't mind if a score isn't close to a round of skeet

The very reason I don't like doing the big shoots abroad. Not my cup of tea... Oh well, Spode I can get a nice tan in Spain :)

Oh dear........ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Many moons ago when I started shooting abroad (FITASC Sporting) we just got on and shot the targets that were presented. There was no pre moaning about types of targets that would be on offer. There was always an excited anticipation of shooting greenfield sites, chances to shoot some very clever technical targets, meeting and making new friends from different countries, enjoying the different countries that we shot in,....and spending 'off time' with good pals on the circuit. Obviously coming back with some bling and a sun tan was a bonus.

Darlings...... it is FITASC's game and it is described in great detail how it should be played.....if you do not like the game.....go play another one :laugh: ........just saying...!

If anyone thinks that it is so easy to shoot Worlds or Europeans or WC's abroad, then show us your medals....so we know that you actually know what you are talking about.

I shall expect to see lots of bling coming back for GBR and watching the scores with anticipation.

dear nicola i agree fitasc sporting abroad might be popular , but i get pissy when shooters keep on about its  not like this abroad bloody good i say and as for playing the game does it or does it not say in the rule book about simulating game shooting, because after managing a 2000 acre estate for 10 years with a commercial game shoot on it i can honestly say i didnt see one bird shot while jumping through a hedge or flying at someones feet

so in my opinion this type of shooting targets and i have shot them and can hit them over here does bugger all for my entertainment so i wont be jumping on the band wagon thanks and i also think alot of shooters wont either

have to ask the question alot of said say " this is fitasc of old " why the shiet to easier targets and bigger scores ?????

just saying steve :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful:

Steve, the European had very good target that beat us all, and none were over 45 yds but were very clever angles. it seems that people enjoy hitting targets now where as 5 years ago the sport of Fitasc parcours was getting very few entry's, now it has waiting lists so targets being closer must work?

We also select a GB Team on our types of target and when they get abroad we get beaten why is that? in the good old days team GB always won.

Think back to Barbary everyone was smiling and having fun but none straighted the shoot (1 came very close) even you and Dave were having a laugh.

I Think that we have now opened up entries to people who would not have shot Fitasc Parcours if they got beaten up.

We need the cannon fodder to keep the sport going, look at the age of most of our current fitasc sporting shooters. :nyam:

Last edited by a moderator:
Chubby maybe the European did have good targets it was set by an English man who on his own ground sets good fitasc , but it's getting to a point now some people come to a shoot with a perceived score in mind rather than enjoying the targets which are set , and I'm telling you now for some that travel overseas a lot is about 15 to 20 clays over their class average

You had it at Wlss last year look how you got moans about it being too hard , this year I won one on 88 spot on just shoot what's put there

As for the compak me and did have a laugh but probably not shoot it again because its just too high scoring and yes Adam did shoot bloody well but not my cup of tea

See you sat for some 70 yard testers ???? .

All Fitasc are game or vermin of one type or other. You see everything that you can see hunting.

Very few game shot would go for a 70 yard phessie :wink:

Nothing wrong with high scores because everyone it entertained and it makes for great shoot offs.

Fitasc has got it right IMHO.

Back