New Dt11 carbon fibre

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you painted an Austin Allegro black and bolted on a carbon fibre spoiler, called it the "Black Edition ", it wouldn't magically now have the handling of a A6 Allroad...dog sh*t polished and painted black is just polished black dog sh*t!!!
Erm nice rant. I never mentioned black edition. The first DT11's were a lot heavier. They reduced the weight in the later ones due to negative feedback.

Erm nice rant. I never mentioned black edition. The first DT11's were a lot heavier. They reduced the weight in the later ones due to negative feedback.
Correct!!! Mine was an original, the  barrels are massively too heavy, so they put lead in the stock to 'try' to balance them...it just made them heavy and dead!!! The stock mesurments were/are aweful, waaaay too low, too much drop, massive grip proportions and poor sealing of the wood grain!!! 

I have absolutely no confidence that they can or have sorted all of those problems out.

Your restraint is unbelievable!  C'mon, don't hold back and tell us how you really feel about it.

...............they are much lighter, handle much faster and are still built on the K80 action. 

James
Well, there's no way to get an easy feeling about that.  It still looks like something made in a tradeschool machine shop

Thanks for the replies guys

I met up with Ed Solomons yesterday at Kibworth with his demo Parcour 

I was so impressed  Just had to order one there and then 

Ed didn't need to sell it it sold itself.

Ed's the Guy if you want a K gun he says what he can do  You say yes and then does it

Thanks for your views guys

Dave

Ed strikes again!

Move really well don't they?  After having shot Beretta guns all the time, I find the trigger fantastic and recoil feels less as well.

More like saying I've saved mega$ by not buying a second estate inferior to the one I have already!  

and your implied slagging of people in trailer parks is very unkind and hurtful.  Prolly some manifestation of the K80 poser syndrome.

I'll take German engineering over Italian engineering EVERY time!!! 

As for trailer parks...the truth is often unkind, usually hurts to hear it, but you can never argue with it!!!

Let's be honest Wonko, you are an American, Americans are about to choose either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton as their next president...that's your and every other American's opinion on anything rendered equivalent to rat piss for the next 5 years minimum!!!

As for trailer parks...the truth is often unkind, usually hurts to hear it, but you can never argue with it!!!

Let's be honest Wonko, you are an American, Americans are about to choose either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton as their next president...that's your and every other American's opinion on anything rendered equivalent to rat piss for the next 5 years minimum!!!
You are certainly entitled to your opinions regardless of their validity.

I have to admit that I fail to see the logic of your statement and the conclusion is nothing less than absurd.

On this forum I have attempted to avoid political discussions like the plague that they are.  The current level of political discourse is nothing less than repellent and certainly not restricted to the US.  Politics and politicians have managed to create an electorate of the misguided and ill informed and again that is not restricted to the US.  If you're capable I would suggest that you take a look around and perhaps form more realistic appraisals of the world at large.

In Wonko's defence may I remind everyone just how close we British recently came to having Boris as our Prime Minister. Nothing to do with the matter at hand, and I apologise for that, but it had to be said.

Last edited by a moderator:

In that case you will no doubt drive an Audi, when you got rid of the BMW ?

I Yes, drive an Audi...best car I've ever driven. 

Run John Deere tractors at work, had plenty others but the only tractor I prefer to John Deere is Fent...(German) they are seriously good, but out of my league £££ wise. We have burned out every power tool brand except Metabo, (German) now all drills/power tools that get replaced are Metabo!! I re barrelled my Tikka with a (German)  Lothar Walther barrel...WOW!!! 

Last winter when I decided the DT11 HAD to go,  I borrowed/shot Beretta/Guerini/Perazzi/Browning/Zoli/Blaser/Miroku and Krieghoff...Krieghoff won!!! 

You are certainly entitled to your opinions regardless of their validity.

I have to admit that I fail to see the logic of your statement and the conclusion is nothing less than absurd.

On this forum I have attempted to avoid political discussions like the plague that they are.  The current level of political discourse is nothing less than repellent and certainly not restricted to the US.  Politics and politicians have managed to create an electorate of the misguided and ill informed and again that is not restricted to the US.  If you're capable I would suggest that you take a look around and perhaps form more realistic appraisals of the world at large.
Satire and sarcasm are obviously lost on you...keep being a dick about Krieghoff at every operchanity, you will get more satire and sarcasm, your Krieghoff bashing obsession has gotten anoying and boring!!!

Just to go slightly back to the topic.i have looked at a dt11 black and found it very different in handling to the standard model.it feels lighter and was extremely well balanced.i have not used one in anger yet but based on my thoughts there will be one added to my cabinet very soon.in 30inch flavour.

Does anyone know how much of a weight saving there is on the DT11 black over standard?

I always find it strange that people say DT11’s are not fast / lively guns. How is it that they are used with great success at the Olympics in Trap and Skeet which are far quicker disciplines than Sporting that most shoot on here?

Does anyone know how much of a weight saving there is on the DT11 black over standard?

I always find it strange that people say DT11’s are not fast / lively guns. How is it that they are used with great success at the Olympics in Trap and Skeet which are far quicker disciplines than Sporting that most shoot on here?
Trap isn't particularly fast and the Skeet DT11's I've seen tended to have had the mid rib removed. Having said that I agree, there are good DT11's out there, mate of mine has a 32" one which I shoot as well as my own 682e, it doesn't feel heavy to me but then my own gun is pretty heavy by most standards. 

Back