DT11 Black Edition

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walter

Hi folks,
Anyone any experience with a DT11 Black Edition ?
I have heard they may possibly have a few issues and don't want to jump at one before getting some feedback!
Carbon rib issues, trigger issues and build quality ?
Cheers

Hi folks,
Anyone any experience with a DT11 Black Edition ?
I have heard they may possibly have a few issues and don't want to jump at one before getting some feedback!
Carbon rib issues, trigger issues and build quality ?
Cheers
I think they are fine. I know of at least one that gets heavy use no issue. Maybe don’t bash the rib. Lovely feel gun.

I'd heard a few had ribs come off and one would fire when closed on occasions, I'm just trying to get some feedback before parting with cash lol 😆

I can confirm the "no issues" part (so far) as owner of a DT11 Black Edition. Haven't shot heaps with it yet, as I just put my 692 Black edition aside. I have probably shot a couple thousand now without incident, and I am not the first owner. I shoot about 200-ish cartridges a week on average, so it 's not a safe queen. Despite having just set it up with an Ergosign stock, I used it in a match last Sunday and made it to the finals. This gun just works for me.

The bead is threaded and meant for easy replacement: There are spares in different sizes in the box it came with. As with the 692 I use a bit of sticky paste to keep them secure, because the fit can become less secure if the barrel heats up the carbon. Not a flaw as such but physics, really.

As I did with the 692, I will likely order a spare carbon rib (or compare whether it's identical to the spare 692 rib). Carbon is strong, but it can chip or break if something daft happens. Never needed it for the 692, but better safe than sorry. If I come across an extra trigger unit I may buy that, just for the peace of mind. Most spares (pins, firing pin springs, leaf springs for the trigger) were already included with purchase as well as all the weights for barrels and stock.

Haven't seen anything mechanical go amiss with one yet, and I know a few people who shoot DT's.

I was looking for a good one a few months back. TBH I rather got spooked when I realised Beretta had stopped making them. Just worried me a bit, but if a really good one fell in front of me I’d be tempted.

I was looking for a good one a few months back. TBH I rather got spooked when I realised Beretta had stopped making them.
Have they?

Shotgunworld can't offer a source and their seems to be confusion on whether or not it is a rumour originating from all steel (as in, no carbon) black version DT11's. Here's the link : Rumour on DT11 Black

I doubt they would stop making them: They seem popular. I could just be thinking wishfully, as I like mine and would love to be guaranteed availability of parts for a few more decades. Then again, all i need is a few bits, maybe a spare trigger and a spare carbon rib - if those go on discount, happy me.

I was looking for a good one a few months back. TBH I rather got spooked when I realised Beretta had stopped making them. Just worried me a bit, but if a really good one fell in front of me I’d be tempted.
Have a look on gun trader, they have just released a new limited edition DT11 black with steel rib rather than carbon fibre, beaver tail forend and adjustable stock in the uk. There's about 6 or 8 of them on guntrader. Looks belting! If I didn't have the DT11L I could be tempted. Photo attached

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231003_195037_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231003_195037_Chrome.jpg
    467.2 KB · Views: 0
Have a look on gun trader, they have just released a new limited edition DT11 black with steel rib rather than carbon fibre, beaver tail forend and adjustable stock in the uk. There's about 6 or 8 of them on guntrader. Looks belting! If I didn't have the DT11L I could be tempted. Photo attached
I just worry the steel rib will harm the feel. I certainly don’t like the standard DT11 so much. They should make it a lighter barrel package if they want to keep the old black feel.

Last edited:
Can't find a word about it from Beretta themselves. Tempted to e-mail their CS and ask, but at the same time I look forward to a sale of all parts and accessories DT11 in their e-store.

My wife has shot her black for 5 years and apart from a sear spring breaking which is the same spring as a DT 10 no problems at all treat the rib with the same respect as a steel one should be no issues.I know of three others that are shot quite hard in my area after chatting with the owners one sear spring and split fore end wood both are early models .

Latest posts

Back