|Slip on stock pad

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AW13

Following the blacking falling off my B725 I bought a Miroku MK38 G5 sporter which I am really enjoying.  

The grip and stock dimensions are slightly different and I am using a Beartooth slip on stock extender while I assess which length spacer to add. The Beartooth does not fit the stock very well.

Can anyone recommend a leather slip on stock pad that I can use to assess my LOP for the gun.  The gun came with 14 7/8 LOP and being a long armed person the B725 was set at 15 1/2 but the grip is different on the MK38 and I think I need another 1/4inch or so.

Any advice gratefully received.

Use some spacers between the butt pad and stock to assess what suits, you may need longer screws.Then if you diy minded buy a vulcanite stock extension piece and sand down to fit the butt dimensions using the butt pad as a guide.

I used a circular sanding table, corse grit to start then fine to polish. Tip sand it down outside vulcanite is dirty stuff to sand

15.75” LOP is huge. I would expect you to be 7 feet tall if you’re standing and holding conventionally. (Mine is 14.75” and I’m 6’1” with long arms). Ignore this if you are experienced and your shooting is going really well, but this could be a time to get a coach to look at your hold if not; before spending money on creating a gun that looks like a rowing blade. My guess would be that you are standing very side-on and mounting the gun on your arm. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My scores dropped with the standard stock on the MK38, went back up again to my average with the temp extension pad.

The local club instructor checked my fit and also suggested at least another 1/2inch to a minimum of my 15 1/2.  Before I have the stock professionally altered I will have an instructor/coach check again.

Oh, my mount is good, apparently, just need to keep improving my mount consistency.  Also my sight along the rib is now seeing the bead figure of 8 when I practice mount. I don't look at the beads when shooting though.

Still learning every time I shoot. One day I might get a perfect score.....😁

My scores dropped with the standard stock on the MK38, went back up again to my average with the temp extension pad.

The local club instructor checked my fit and also suggested at least another 1/2inch to a minimum of my 15 1/2.  Before I have the stock professionally altered I will have an instructor/coach check again.

Oh, my mount is good, apparently, just need to keep improving my mount consistency.  Also my sight along the rib is now seeing the bead figure of 8 when I practice mount. I don't look at the beads when shooting though.

Still learning every time I shoot. One day I might get a perfect score.....😁
Sure, but if the check is merely to see where your nose ends up relative to your trigger hand, (for example) it can be misleading. It may be ignoring your foot position / angle of chest to barrels / contact point of butt pad to your body, all of which are important to get right. It really is worth getting a GOOD person to look at you, before adjusting a gun to suit an unhelpful stance. 

I know a guy, pretty tall, who had his stock made colossal at great expense. I made him stand correctly and my much shorter gun fitted him well. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Point taken and thanks for your advice. I'm 6'2" long arms, 46 chest.  

I'm right down on the south coast not far from Bexhill/Hastings.  I'll try and find someone qualified to advise on fit and stance. 

Many thanks

For what it’s worth I’m an inch shorter than you , otherwise the same chest / arm comments .  Miroku 38 trap gun ( non adjustable trigger ) finished off with a Kickeeze sporting pad at 14 7/8 after a gunfit by Nigel Teague .

Mr Hewland speaks the truth ! 

Latest posts

Back