Miroku 7000

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m replying to our American friend Miroku7000SP1 . 
No, the first post by Rammy makes mention of a multi choked 6000. I was just concerned that it may have been an 'after sales' job that he may have been trying to put Browning/Miroku chokes into. Sorry for the confusion.

No all -I'm sorry for the confusion, I'll try to restate more clearly. All chokes I have will probably -99% sure, "fit". Same threading, exact over-all length, etc., AND the cross referencing states "Standard Invector". In the U.S. various manufacturers pick up the design features of the major brands, in this case Browning, and market as their own. Standard invector design is used in New England Firearms/Harrington & Richardson, Mossberg (some), Winchester -also some, and Browning. The difference is the exact location of the threads on the tube, specifically the distance from the interior or rearward end. If the Miroku choke pockets are fully, or nearly fully threaded, all should be well. If the threads in the barrels stop .22" or more from the bore I'll have some seating on the threads with a minor gap inside, and not flush at the ends....I think. I may be looking at this backwards. Again, my gun is about 6 weeks out because of Japanese red tape. Attached is a couple of pics for detail.

I really appreciate your jumping in with whatever comments, the exchanges are entertaining and informative. Obviously there are some terminology differences, be patient -I'm an American! 

20190220_112807.jpg

20190220_112844.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If your chokes will fit into a Citori with Invector Chokes (  Browning 325 to us in the U.K.) they will fit your Miroku . So the easiest way to check is to ask around your shooting club, or local gun shop and try your chokes in  such a gun which must be pretty common in your part of the world . 

Thanks MartynB, I'll be sure to check locally. I'm about 5 minutes from a club that shoots most days, weather sensitive because of participation. I think Brownings will be quite prevalent, most probably more recent iterations - invector plus or, if I recall correctly, DS chokes. Not a big deal yet, I have been picking the auction sites for cheap buys, thus the mix of manufacturers. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The Miroku 7000 is an outstanding 2nd hand buy so long as it suits you, I find them too low in the comb (as ever) and they were never made in 32" flavour so that too may put some off. I bought a brand new 6000 grade 3 with 30" fixed chokes back in the late 80's but the affair only lasted weeks as it kicked like a mule and headaches were guaranteed after only 2 or 3 stands. 

Luckily managed to trade it in for a new 682 but lost about £400 which was a small fortune back then. 
Hamster, I might be selling one of my Miroku 7000 32" barrels grade 3 sporter with Invector chokes if you want one. as I am going to buy a grade 5  Miroku High Pheasant 32"

Hamster, I might be selling one of my Miroku 7000 32" barrels grade 3 sporter with Invector chokes if you want one. as I am going to buy a grade 5  Miroku High Pheasant 32"
Having never seen one in the flesh it'd be interesting to handle one but alas as mentioned already they are too low in the comb for me. 

Latest posts

Back