LOP change = annoying change in sight picture?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I think westley was spot on.

As you can see in the attached pic I have now fitted the wider standard Inflex 25mm pad and removed the 20mm pad which does have a perceivable concave form.

When I mount the 20mm pad I can see far too much rib, now that I have swapped back to the 25mm pad with the flatter form I now see a small amount of rib as before so hopefully back to normal.  

You can also see the flatter profile of the MK60 in the pic which is similar to the wider 25mm profile. Looks like a concave profile does not work for me.

I will just have to ‘man up’ and shed layers while actually shooting!

Thanks for the advice, tomorrow we’ll see if everything works as it should!

View attachment 7463
Westley knows his stuff 👍

Glad your sorted

I got all hung up on this extra layers malarkey when I had my 725, I had the same as you, went to the shorter pad and shooting got worse. I got that bemused I actually layed the extra clothes on the floor and compressed them to see how much thickness I was adding in additional layers, I was expecting 5 to 10mm or something pretty thick, turned out it was only a couple of mm max. Each layer was about 1mm or less, even for coats. So I put the thicker pad back on and never thought about it after then.

Update:

Now that the LOP is back to normal I layered up over the weekend and took off my jacket when I shot and normality has been recovered.  Phew.  I will just have to keep the layers thin or get cold/wet when on the stand.

Thanks again for your comments.

Update:

Now that the LOP is back to normal I layered up over the weekend and took off my jacket when I shot and normality has been recovered.  Phew.  I will just have to keep the layers thin or get cold/wet when on the stand.

Thanks again for your comments.
Rather than mess with the gun, I suggest that some decent climbing or walking layering system is required  ?  Thankfully I do not feel the cold really,  so clothing thickness is not an issue, but others that I shoot with will often have a merino wool type base layer, then a thin but warm fleece mid layer topped with a wind and showerproof packaway jacket and finally a skeet vest I personally use a lot of Rohan stuff, picked up in their sales. I like the advantage of ordering the item via my local shop, then trying the things on,  before purchase............or return. The Rohan waterproof lined trousers are really good and totally waterproof. Have a look at their website, but I am sure there are plenty of others, we just happen to have a Rohan shop nearby.

I am very confused by this. I cannot understand why I am 'suddenly' seeing a change in mount. My fixed hard plated MK60 still mounts fine. Perhaps I am sub-consciously doing something different with the B725.

Thanks IPS, I'll man up and shoot in just a vest 😃

Layers is a possible issues, I have been wearing several lately. Perhaps I should just shoot the MK60 in the winter!
A few thin layers is best for fit and warmth,i usually wear 2/3 under a polo shirt and vest makes no difference to fit at all.

On the other hand putting on 4 stone keeps me warmer but completely screws up my gun fit 🙄

Could layering up slightly change cast which might be more significant than lop?

Back