Locking Threads

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what they say, opinions are like arseholes, and Alan is one....

I may have got the wording wrong but Im busy polishng my many trophies for being brilliant....
But is he a good or a bad areshole - sorry Alan had to ask as i've never met you yet.....

I honestly cannot believe what is going on here.

There is a post also running 'What a friendly bunch' started by a chap who has picked up his ball and gone?????

If he has a temperament like that should he really have a shotgun certificate????

You do need a Ban Hammer. Even if only a temporary / short duration one. Infractions are another method, pop it in the rules...job done. It helps keep use mere mortals in line.
I have one... but I choose not to use it, maybe I should get tough on:

Anything else people would like ban hammered out of the site?

• Grammar infractions
  • Incorrect use of ellipsis
  • Ignorance of rule one

Reminds me of my School report! Just needed to finish with " must try harder"

What about locking all dormant threads to prevent re-activation [necro-humping I think you called it [.] :mellow:

Last edited by a moderator:
What about locking dormant threads to prevent re-activation [necro-humping I think you call it].] :angry:
Bloody hell Fred........necro-humping? It sounds like some sort of sexual preversion mate! :.:

I am sorry Admin :( I was ignorant to the fact ellipsis is three dot's only, in fact, being a poorly educated yokel, I had never before known "..." had a name let alone "ellipsis" I apologise for using too many dots in my ellipsis and will restrain myself to only three in future...

Well I for one think before joining the forum, a strict sense of humour test should be imposed!

Who's with me?

Who's Alan?

:)

No good bolting the gate after the cuckoos gone and run all his ducks up a flagpole to see if his tents are in line now is it !!!

BanButton1.gif

Not sure about the ellipsis one. :p

Is it the incorrect number of periods or, would you prefer formally spaced periods.?

I often use them as mental pauses, but sadly I have to use them between sentences on one of my systems at work or it won't record notes correctly if I use the enter Key, so it is habitual for me.

I shall try harder to use them, only where appropriate and in their proper form.

Incorrect usage, and incorrect number and spacing - both make me wince a bit.

Oh and too many smilies, they make me grumpy as well, if people spoke to you using the same emoticons they use on a forum, it would look like they had St. Vitus dance.

I like loads if smilies it shows to those who do not know how to read the written word.....that you are being friendly ....just saying..!

Nothing worse to set the tone of a post than the reader who does not know the person posting....true story.

I also like a row of dots (don't know what there name is if there are more than 3....someone will have to inform us) because I cannot see properly on an iPhone even with glasses on...honest fact...!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back