Off topic threads

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had some work turn up.

and I wanted to get away early today. Going to Sporting Targets to throw some lead in the air.

Whoops...nearly went on topic off topic on   :fie:
I shall be off soon, to do some quality control at my local in about 45 mins time! It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
enuf!!! enuf! enuf!!! all of you go away and search for an aticule!!!

this thread is dead

it is now deceased

the last rites are now being said

by a priest

Go forth and search for the acticule !!!!!

<<<<<<< Looks for medication, and comfort blanket

enuf!!! enuf! enuf!!! all of you go away and search for an aticule!!!

this thread is dead

it is now deceased

the last rites are now being said

by a priest

Go forth and search for the acticule !!!!!

<<<<<<< Looks for medication, and comfort blanket
OK Ok I'm looking for the acticule as I write.........................................

Last edited by a moderator:
Coming to think of it, I don't even like Topics.. Chocolate and nuts don't always mix..

whats to like about off topics??  and what the Fiocchi is an aticule???
'Aticule' is 'wot' some people refer to when meaning Article ....does that Fiocchi help? (It 'wos' a joke......maybe i am too 'Loretto' for some .... :nurse:  )

Moved to the cocktail lounge...
Where was it originally.....I cannot see from iphone......it just comes up as new content..?

IPS you silly billy... :wink:

Off topic is not anything helpful to shooting and so it can only be in Cocktail Lounge or NGB's. 

:laugh:

Jesus

what have i started its gone really weird and surreal :)

Talking of which......did anyone else get the email that " Isagair " fired into the Cpsa today before 7am this morning.

Phew...!

The Fisherman is back ......and fiery ...!! Not sure what has set him off....

I did actually read it to the end.....but it was hard.

Started off about the Commonwealth Games and why we did not have a permanent place for Richard, George and Ben Brunton (don't think Ben shoots a lot now....more into body building)....on all of our teams......and then moved onto lead (In the middle it referred to 'steel sh*te' rather a lot) and then ended on removed of all shotguns from private ownership....!

Phew......

I did smile when thinking that little Nicky will have absolutely no idea 'who' the fisherman is.....

The one thing it did point me to is that we now have a new Commonwealth Games coach.......John Robinson......name is familiar........point me in the right direction someone.........think it is something to do with overseas coaching of national teams........it is on the tip of my tongue......

I dare say Warren won't like that.....but it will give him someone else to talk about rather than the inaccurate sh*te he normally talks about me (those at the skeet 300 were bored with it) :laugh:

So good luck John for Glasgow....whip them all into shape.....and bring back the bling.

Last edited:
This thread is both interesting in its content and puzzling, as it raises many questions, and challenges the very fabric of what is, and what isn’t.

The thread “off topic threads” on the face of it appears an oxymoron in its purest form. But if we delve deeper we find the juxtaposition of insanity and the measured, inquisitive mind, to find the answer to possibly the last of all the great unanswered questions, which will torture intellects for centuries to come

The purists will argue, this thread has about as much right to be on a shooting forum, as a bacon sandwich in a mosque. But I would argue that it more to do with shooting that many suspect.

It has long been know that shooting is more than pointing a metal tube in the air, starting a series of chemical reactions, which in turn, forces small pieces of heavy metal into the air in an erratic trajectory, in order to bring about the demise of either another living being, or the destruction of an inanimate object.

It also more to do with the state of mind of the operator, and the turmoil that proceeds the act of pulling the trigger.

The off topic, on topic, off topic thread, gives us an insight into the minds of those that participate in it. The saying  “I think, therefore I shop at Waitrose” goes a long way to explaining the mindset of its participants, a much more qualified student of psychology, would be able to extract a great deal of  information from these post relating to what goes on in the mind of a shooter, just before he/she pulls the trigger.

On topic, off topic, that is the question

Whether it is a twisted mind to suffer the wads and shot of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of clays, and by opposing end them?

To hit: to miss: no more: and by miss to say we end.

As I did not receive a good education, all of this means nothing to me.

Actually, I received a perfectly adequate education. I just chose not to participate.

Carry on

Back