thread Locking

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clayclouter

cmon guys what was wrong with the Melanie Sykes thread??? if you are bored with it then IGNORE IT as is your prerogative. Because it has gone on for 12 pages and someone deems the intellectual content as not quite what people other than the forum might feel approriate ? surely this kind of thread is dead when people stop posting on it not because it has gone to 12 pages or so? There have been some very good points made alongside the humour on this thread, NO personal abuse, NO threats, No Foul Language The locking of this thread smacks of authoritarian censorship for no good reason. 12 pages or 2112 makes no difference if people keep posting and  the comments stay within the boundaries set out it Should not be locked. I find the endless threads and posts regarding Chokes incredibly boring so I IGNORE THEM.

Whoever locked this thread needs to get out more !!!

L. O. L.

In a more mild way....I quite agree...!

People who do not like it should move on or press the ignore button. Hell if I can do it many others can......except I suppose for those who just have to see what has been said about their post comments.

Actually I think that some of the b a nt er is a real hooooooooot.

I have actually roared laughing whilst in the check out queue at Waitrose sometimes whilst reading various threads on forums (not just here). In fact the Picture of the Day thread on Smashing Clays often has me giggling uncontrollably.

Any chance Matt that the mods are given a talk on blocking techniques...when to use and when not to use.

.......just thinking..!

For what its worth I agree, it may have been a little brain dead nut it was amusing to me anyhow :)

All good fun as op says.

Just laughing

Thread was closed in error - I've fixed the loophole that enabled that. 

I would have reported back about how the FEO visit went in the 'Asked to prove where you shoot thread' but it got locked.............

OK - a lot explained here, a few threads got closed in error - have reopened the FO one as well, no need for that to be closed. 

not on a high horse I cant effing ride for starters and secondly for whatever reason it was locked, just saying what I think of it being locked is all, not a dig, but if you want to take it that way then thats up to you it was an opinbion which surely is what this forum is for

I think we all have to consider whether what we're posting is relevant. I have to say some of the topics have got out of hand recently. The Melanie Sykes thread is just one example, it's now no longer anything to do with the original topic.

I'm not one for locking topics unless it's really necessary but I do think we should keep to the point and keep it relevant.

Last edited by a moderator:
relevant is where the conversation takes the topic, the level of  relevance is different for each individual, it depends how interested in the topic you are in the first place

The problem is the topic often degenerates into irrelevent jokes, silly comments and inneuendo. If it drifts to other issues shooting related that's fine but that's often not what's happening.

Sometimes the jokey comments are cracking......many a giggle on here.....that is what keeps people coming back. If people have had enough of a thread and think that it has run its course then they can press the ignore button and will not be bothered about further updates. But a forum without its characters or its sense of humour.....is a dead or boring forum.

I agree with Nicola here - a little bit of off topic humour is fine... where I will ask mods to put things back on course is if a thread has turned from a chokes thread into a governing bodies thread (for example) - or if something is degenerating into an article.

When you go to the pub and have a chat - sometimes conversations meander through lots of subjects - that will happen here.

It is a fine line, and we try and tread it carefully - we won't always get it right. I'm happy to change approach when something gets flagged to me (like these threads that got locked in error).

If a thread doesn't interest you  - please use the IGNORE button at the top right. 

"The problem is the topic often degenerates into irrelevent jokes, silly comments and inneuendo. If it drifts to other issues shooting related that's fine but that's often not what's happening."

BORING !