Licence renewal

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they give me a dodgy unclear reply I will be writing to the Top Dog (and not our own one)  - simply should not have to rely on good folk like yourself - they should know what to say to the public.

If they give me a dodgy unclear reply I will be writing to the Top Dog (and not our own one)  - simply should not have to rely on good folk like yourself - they should know what to say to the public.
Sian, you don't phone, and now you won't write to me either. Who is this "other topdog" imposter???  :biggrin:

Mike don't fret yourself there is only one top dog as far as I am concerned.

I have given you the answer of how to do it.....and it is the way I have done it for donkeys years.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
That's how I do it with our guns, they're handwritten on the other's certificate. When I inform Thames Valley Firearms Unit of any purchases or sales I ask them to add or remove them from the other certificate records.

I just stock up with cartridges as Lancs never take more than a couple of weeks to process it so not worth me arguing the toss. And as for shooting without a licence well they asked for it so that's there problem

That is what I thought and what I said to her but she said I was wrong.  I am going to ring again in the New Year and see what answer I get this time.
Phone 10 times and you will get 10 different answers in kent either they make it up as they go or they don't know there ar$e from there elbow  i was led a merry old dance recently when asking for info so your better off taking advice from the Almanac. Simples!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Phone 10 times and you will get 10 different answers in kent either they make it up as they go or they don't know there ar$e from there elbow  i was led a merry old dance recently when asking for info so your better off taking advice from the Almanac. Simples!!
I don't have a problem taking the advice particularly when coming from people who have been around the game along time. What I do have a problem with is the people who are supposed to know this for a living not knowing it.

I don't have a problem taking the advice particularly when coming from people who have been around the game along time. What I do have a problem with is the people who are supposed to know this for a living not knowing it.
+1 Sian :nyam:

I always thought it was a strange request to ask for your old licence. Why could they possibly want it?

You would have thought they already had a record of your address and your guns?????   :fie:

If you lose your current licence and declare this to them and ask for another one they just send you a duplicate for a small fee

Also your current cert is valid until the day it expires if it has not expired why would they need it back?Just send the new confusing forms and if a doctors letter required they have to pay any fee GP charges not you.
ive just sent my renewal off which is due in march. It stated that if any doctors report is required you have to now pay for it and not them.

ive just sent my renewal off which is due in march. It stated that if any doctors report is required you have to now pay for it and not them.
It probably does, because they dont want to pay for it, the guidance is none committal BASC are advising for grant applicant pays, for renewal Police pay.

OUt of interest where does it say you have to pay? On the forms or in the letter?

It probably does, because they dont want to pay for it, the guidance is none committal BASC are advising for grant applicant pays, for renewal Police pay.

OUt of interest where does it say you have to pay? On the forms or in the letter?
Just checked my renewal letter and it states - Warwickshire/West Mercia police will no longer request, or pay the costs for, medical reports - any cost incurred must be agreed and settled between you and your practioner.

Just checked my renewal letter and it states - Warwickshire/West Mercia police will no longer request, or pay the costs for, medical reports - any cost incurred must be agreed and settled between you and your practioner.
Check with BASC and if they will no longer request medical reports it isnt an issue

Just a thought should I have had a renewal reminder with the forms by now? Like I said due in march? Only have shotgun liecence not firearms!

Costs... just putting forward an alternatuive point of veiw.

...I want to shoot clay which obviously means a need someting to do it with..  the auhorities insist on a licence to check that I'm safe to own a gun (which is a sensible idea) but don't give me one unless I pay.. 

Same with driving licences, Fishing licences, or infact any licence that you don't actually receive any products/privalages from.  

What I'm trying to get at is; when a licence is required for public interest reasons ( Not disputing that in any way shape or form) 

then the public should foot the bill.

ps. Nver had a problem with our licencing department who do a great job and are very helpful.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back