ips does getting ready for rabbit

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rationale with camo is that for a hunting gun there will come a time when you want to sit still under a tree and wait for stuff to come out.
So your sayin the Pink won't cut the mustard ? ips will be miffed :(

oh cack as an owner of a very nice very expensive Italian designer pink shirt and a matching pink pocket handkerchief I find myself alarmingly drawn to the pink jobby, however I fear that neither my keeper mate (who's permission I am shooting on) or Mr and Mrs bunny wabbit will be particularly happy with the idea.

oh cack as an owner of a very nice very expensive Italian designer pink shirt and a matching pink pocket handkerchief I find myself alarmingly drawn to the pink jobby, however I fear that neither my keeper mate (who's permission I am shooting on) or Mr and Mrs bunny wabbit will be particularly happy with the idea.
Great so it's back to Camo ??????

cammo is leading unless someone (other than Mrs ips) can convince me nato green is better.

How about this. Pink camo . Ticks all the boxes

Or how about IPS does terminator.CA02-1-600x600.jpgTE1-1-600x600.jpg

Well the pink would go with my eyes Ian and a friend has one o order for his daughter.

I had the cammo and really liked it but the green certainly looks nice in the flesh so to speak BUT the cammo will sell far more easily should you decide to move it on.

I think I am right in saying the cammo is a beech stock with hydro dipped cammo finish whereas the green stock is a plastic stock with a completely different grip, more vertical angle which you may or may not prefer. Well worth getting hold of one before you order the green one. I am in the RFD tomorrow so I will double check that for you if you wish.

CAMMO and you can buy a neoprene cammo barrel sleeve on ebay for full cammo effect.

Phil

cheers Phil. Yes your right the stock profile is different on the synthetic stock and I haven't actually handled either as yet so interested in any input you have after your visit to rfd ?

I popped into the RFD today Ian but the cammo Ultra has be sold and there are no synthetic in stock as they do not sell well in my part of the world..............interesting point.

My RFD will ask BSA what stock options are currently available as they keep changing the line up.

Phil

thanks anyway Phil.

the dealer I spoke to yesterday said that the cammo did not sell well which I find odd

emailed my usual chap today who says the ultramax (camo job) is only available as a combo, rifle slip scope mod. The nato green jobbie is available rifle only. Considering I have a scope spare I am now thinking the £150 saving on rifle only green job may be my best option. I like the green and although I really like the cammo the latter may be a step to far for a traditionalist such as myself. I have only talked myself around to synthetic by telling myself it's a tool for the job and it should be more hardwearing than wood.

No problem Ian and the green is a nice looking bit of kit. Funny how different areas sell some versions far better than others. I think the Scorpion is a better bet for the shot count but in neck of the woods........................no Scorpions to be found in any RFD.

Anyway, enjoy your purchase as and when. By the way, Bisley Mags and JSB Heavy worked really well in mine and although more loopy than lighter pellets were one hell of a hunting pellet.

Phil

cheers Phil

dealer I went to yesterday whilst on my hols had a scorpion in woodland camo, really nice but as I said earlier to long for what I want anyway said he had it over a year no takers, said it was two years since he was asked for ultra in camo. I am pretty much set now on the green jobby.

will try the jsb but accupel have always grouped very well for me.

ps

I have a AGS scope to put on, its a tactical design set at 4 or 5 mag I cant remember which, I want to keep things simple.

here we go "ips does synthetic and some camo" AGS 6x40 tactical scope that I had spare in the cabinet on a BSA ultra se 10 shot .177 fitted with deben moderator and a bipod and a sling (cant remember the makes)

WP_20170525_15_43_29_Pro.jpg

It really does look well, now get some pellets through to get her leaded up.  Is the scope a Leapers Bug Buster, very compact Ian, I like that.

Phil

here we go "ips does synthetic and some camo" AGS 6x40 tactical scope that I had spare in the cabinet on a BSA ultra se 10 shot .177 fitted with deben moderator and a bipod and a sling (cant remember the makes)

View attachment 6483
Well!!!!! If someone had told me a couple of years ago that you would be posting such things.........

Actually I've just go a new scope for the AR15, Leapers UTG 3-12x44 SWAT mil dot illuminated scope, I tried it for the first time last Saturday, seems OK.

here you go, new scope fitted!

IMG_0159.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
not been for over a week due to other commitments and or bad weather but this was last wed. Still trying to get the ultra to group well enough so been using the AA.

WP_20170524_20_12_14_Pro.jpg

Back