I bought Beretta silver pigeon & its already in for repair

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This may be completely wrong but someone said I think on this forum that the base models are now produced from bits made in Turkey by ATA. 

But like I say.. don't take my word on this.. somebody else may be in a better position to comment.
Doesn't the consumer sales of goods act come into plau here?

I bought a sat nav that stopped working after 10 months and the store were fobbing me off with it needing firmware updates and to leave it with them for local techie to fix. 

He wasn't available but I could go back in a week later.

The manager would not budge in exchanging it until I quoted the bit from the sales of goods act that they had sold me a product that did not meet reasonable expectations of its operation and length of time to do it.

He immediately got me another. 
I think the browning medallist was made in turkey originally then wasn't it just branded browning for some strange reason I might be wrong but I can remember reading about it in a an issue of sporting gun about guns made in turkey

It doesn't really matter where in the world it was made. It should work when new, and it should continue for a long time. While a Silver Pigeon isn't Beretta's most expensive gun it isn't cheap when compared with the shedloads of genuinely cheap Revo and ATA (and the rest) guns. A Silver Pigeon is a product from the oldest firm of gunmakers in the world, and they have a reputation to keep.

A new gun should be supplied - yours is plainly defective and there really shouldn't be any question of repairing it at this early stage. Perhaps another approach to the dealer should indicate your intention to pursue the matter with Trading Standards and the Small Claims Court. The latter is something that really has teeth - nobody wants the poor quality of their products or service standards bandied about in court (which means the press, too). It' s a simple procedure with a high chance of success.

Any repair will mean that the gun has been modified from its new state. New barrels or ejectors may be fitted, but you could reasonably claim that you have little confidence in the rest of the gun if something as fundamental as the ejectors don't work.

Have we learned the identity of the dealer yet?

afaik the manufacturer has the right to repair before you can reject it.

this may of course be bollox but I am pretty sure.

Hope I get this right, but this what I interpret

From bingle.

Looking at the Citizens Advice website much of it depends on how long the object has been aquired for, cost of repair and length of time it needs to be away being repaired and unavailable if sent away.

After a very short period, i.e. not working from the outset a replacement/ refund is in order.

If not immediately after purchase, up to 6 months usually. Then its up to the seller to repair/ replace at no cost to the buyer depending on the cost of repair against replacement.

If economical repair is in order but it is likely to need to go away for say weeks or for an extended time that you would normally expect to use it then a replacement/ refund or a loan of a replacement is in order. 

After 6 months the Manufacturers responsible to deal with the issue under the guarantee. 

All purchases have to do what it was sold as intended to do. 

As the gun was faulty ftom the outset I think a replacement should have been offered . Or at if in a reasonable frame of mind it could have put it right on the first visit to the shop

I.e. reseat an improperly installed ejector. 

I recently had a very similar experience. The shop owner was brilliant. (Fawcetts of Lancaster)  First barrel missfire. Took it back and they quickly identified that the Firing pin sheared at the tip.

Relaced it there and then and I was on my way home in 15min. 

Happy bunny.

2 pages in, lots of advice , dealer not named!!

my arse.

if I had just purchased ANYTHING which turned out to be faulty out the box, the bloody thing goes straight back to the seller.....

put up with a repair , Jesus wept.

Hi all,I've had the gun back from GMK and today I tried the gun with several different makes of low grass cartridges. The gun ejected all 50 plus cartridges without issue. 

On the repair note GMK had listed "fixed ejector timing as test"as the problem. I do know that GMK did more than fix the ejector issue. I had to check the serial number because I thought it wasn't my gun at first. All the detailing had been done all burs removed and the guns opens very smoothly  now. 

After to whether I would buy another Beretta, probably not. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back