I bought Beretta silver pigeon & its already in for repair

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh well there is defo a problem then in that case. Could it be the cartridge rather than the gun at fault ?
the gun has failed to eject several different makes of cartridge all have been 10mm low brass. 

Thank all the input and replies it very much appreciated 

I have posted a couple videos of the gun ejector problem. Sometimes the top barrel sometimes the bottom barrel sometimes both. Today i found out the gun does not have any problems ejecting High brass. The gun seems to have problems with low brass cartridges of any make.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah seems that the ejector is getting snagged on the brass head. Never had this myself so cant help with the cause but it ain't no good if you can only use deep brass. Not good and you are quite right to be somewhat miffed.

I saw the same thing happen repeatedly with my brother-in-laws Browning 525, a beautiful Grade 5 game gun recently, it was as though the ejectors had both become very slightly bent/misaligned.  The ejectors were both replaced and the problem was fixed.

The gun shop owner has seen this video and is going to forward it to GMK & the gun is now being sent to GMK for repair. (as i understand)

Definitely not right.  I've got a SP1 and it's never had a problem ejecting spent cartridges, but several times snap caps have caught in the ejectors.  Easy solution for me is not to use snap caps in it, but that's clearly not a solution for spent cartridges sticking.

Maybe it's not done with guns, but if something is faulty from day one, shouldn't it be exchanged for a working gun by the dealership, fit for purpose and all that.

Have to say I'd be a bit pissed if I'd just brought a gun and it was dud from the off!

sorry to hear about your problem but it does seem recent Berretta's are crap....the third barrel on my a400 extremely unlikely i will buy another

Friend has the same problem with their Beretta will not eject any cartridge with high brass conclusion of the collective wisdom of those present... the cartridges are crap... that is Clever T2,T3 ,T4 and Mary Arm Pro comp as supplied by my good self for testing after thorough cleaning of ejectors.  Would add by the way we are not talking a cheapo silver pigeon here it is a £15k ASE  one of a £30k pair skeet and trap! It will fire 6mm low brass Solognac budgets from Decathlon so it is definitely the Clever cartridges and not the gun, you have to laugh at the logic of people sometimes. While I am at the logic bit a pair of guns for £30k and using the cheapest carts available... offt don't tell the cartridge freaks :)

edit. should have actually said the problem was the exact opposite as it will not eject high brass, I made a post on here about it a while back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mmmmm I love my cheapo Silver Pigeon and she has taken some hammering over the last three years without fault.

I did once have an issue with ejector timing on a 682X (the 1980's version). I took it go Gunmark, now GMK and they did it while I waited! Never had the problem after that.

Mmmmm I love my cheapo Silver Pigeon and she has taken some hammering over the last three years
I have no doubt what so ever that you do ... but they are a cheapo gun... not that means they are in anyway an unreliable gun. I myself have a cheapo Silver pigeon III lovely wee gun don't think you can get them now.

Maybe it's not done with guns, but if something is faulty from day one, shouldn't it be exchanged for a working gun by the dealership, fit for purpose and all that.

Have to say I'd be a bit pissed if I'd just brought a gun and it was dud from the off!
That's what I thought, your contract is with the dealer not GMK.

The Sale of Goods Act applies equally to guns!

I should take it back to the shop, formally reject it as not being of merchantable quality and demand your money back so you can buy something else.  Any aggro from the dealer then go to Trading Standards!

HI there

7 iani7  I'm glad you have raised this issue I recently bought a berretta 692 from GMK and I used game bore velocity's and my gun would not eject them for love nor money. then I tried different cartridges and it would be fine but it started miss firing the bottom barrel I approached GMK and was asked do I notice anything else wrong with the gun as it could be faulty.then they said I should send the gun back which they had a back log of 8 weeks for them to look at the gun and then return back to me but when the action was taken away from the stock the machining was very poor on the action and the plungers were at fault.They had to replace the action which I wasn't happy with after spending 3000 for a gun which was only used a couple of times. I do think for a company of there size and name that the machining and mechanisms should be spot on but I do feel very disappointed in the quality to be honest.

Simple case of poor quality control ? Beretta have been making guns for years with many happy owners but these newer models seem to be having some problems with product quality. I called the SP1 a cheap gun ... and it is but that does not mean it should not be expected to function well, there are cheaper guns that do! The gun mentioned here is not that cheap at 3k and the same applies it should be absolutely perfect. I bought my SPIII ten years back and the warranty has just expired never had a problem with it but it is a game gun and has not fired that many shells. On the point of the warranty on the gun. Surely that is for small problems that may arise with use not to replace an entire action ...that is just a very badly made product that should never have left the factory!

Simple case of poor quality control ? Beretta have been making guns for years with many happy owners but these newer models seem to be having some problems with product quality. I called the SP1 a cheap gun ... and it is but that does not mean it should not be expected to function well, there are cheaper guns that do! The gun mentioned here is not that cheap at 3k and the same applies it should be absolutely perfect. I bought my SPIII ten years back and the warranty has just expired never had a problem with it but it is a game gun and has not fired that many shells. On the point of the warranty on the gun. Surely that is for small problems that may arise with use not to replace an entire action ...that is just a very badly made product that should never have left the factory!
I agree I think berretta have let quality slip with the new guns they are bringing out now and poor quality control like you say.im just disappointed in the way GMK said do I notice any other characteristics in the gun as to them it seems faulty!! how can a faulty gun leave the work shop and that its that bad u need a new action after 250 shots

This may be completely wrong but someone said I think on this forum that the base models are now produced from bits made in Turkey by ATA. 

But like I say.. don't take my word on this.. somebody else may be in a better position to comment.
Doesn't the consumer sales of goods act come into plau here?

I bought a sat nav that stopped working after 10 months and the store were fobbing me off with it needing firmware updates and to leave it with them for local techie to fix. 

He wasn't available but I could go back in a week later.

The manager would not budge in exchanging it until I quoted the bit from the sales of goods act that they had sold me a product that did not meet reasonable expectations of its operation and length of time to do it.

He immediately got me another. 

Back