Hypothetical high rib question

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Option B... At least that's what I have done. Get head up stance without shooting a gun with a metal structure Brunel would have been proud of attached to the barrels. Most importantly you can spend time finding what's right for ones own physical problems/limitations, without having to trust in someone else's opinion in what they think will help.

Nille griff are as ugly as hell, but it's the best money I have ever spent shooting wise.

I like Sidneys option. So many I have known have had bespoke made only to find two weeks later that it's wrong.

Its a bigger than usual monte carlo stock to accommodate high rib (in this case) or weird shape folk. So the butt pad ona monte is lets say 15mm ish lower than a standard stock, a double monte will be for instance 30mm lower than std stock as appears to be the case in the pic
So I guess this is a quadruple monte then?
' alt='' class='ipsImage' >

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
ips,

Before you do anything rash, someone that I know bought a Trap gun with an adjustable comb and adjustable rib. It has an adjustable trigger and a Jones adjustable heel plate and of course the ubiquitous multi chokes (extended variety). He has only had the gun for about 6 months but has still not managed to shoot it, he reckons though, that once he gets the adjustments right, it will be best gun he has ever owned !

ips,

Before you do anything rash, someone that I know bought a Trap gun with an adjustable comb and adjustable rib. It has an adjustable trigger and a Jones adjustable heel plate and of course the ubiquitous multi chokes (extended variety). He has only had the gun for about 6 months but has still not managed to shoot it, he reckons though, that once he gets the adjustments right, it will be best gun he has ever owned !
Don't worry Keith been there not going there again adj trig is all I want but I agree with sid that a griffe thing probably better than bespoke if you can leave well alone when it's right something I can't do

Get a griffe, get it how you want it, like a long term try gun, then have measurements taken and a stock made to that spec, sell the griffe, job done!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds simples sid and doable. However I don't really go with mm adj here and mm there I believe perfect long term fit is unattainable as to many variables even day to day. Close enough is good enough then shoot the thing.

Guilty as charged m'lord :(

DT
Perfect gun fit is a quest many of us embark on the trouble is from my experience few misses are ever truly the fault of comb being 2 mm too high (for instance)

Sounds simples sid and doable. However I don't really go with mm adj here and mm there I believe perfect long term fit is unattainable as to many variables even day to day. Close enough is good enough then shoot the thing.
Having said that I do fancy trying a griffe thing.

Yes or a low shoulder either will work just as effectively

Yes or a low shoulder either will work just as effectively
Well that's it Ian!!! Forget about adjustable wotsits and made to measure guns, just buy any gun and have yourself surgically adjusted to suit the gun! You could have your shoulder, neck, cheekbones and just about everything altered! Adjustable necks and shoulder could become popular too

.....its the future Ian!

Back