Hypothetical high rib question

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ips, did you suffer to the same degree when using the 24 gram Express (minus the 0.7% of course) ?
Westley, I don't suffer or at least I am not aware of the recoil whilst shooting but in an attempt to minimise any long term effect I am on 24g for everything from now on. Jury still out on the HV need a few more weeks of trial. 

Nille friffe

Could you get the griffe thing adjusted enough to get the barrels high, were talking double monte carlo at least ?

I got the chance to shoot V8 90's Blaser AT2 Supertrap at Beverley dtl recently, what a lovely bit of kit. The finish and quality is outstanding. Just opening and closing it in the car park had me grinning ear to ear.

Really comfortable to shoot, no recoil, seemed to shoot the clays itself. Well worth a look,

F3_SuperTrap_OU_Standard_HK2_LL81_01.png

Hi Rob

never handled one but if I get the chance I will have a butchers. Bit "K" like aesthetically for my taste though.

ooh nice :)

You know how to turn me on skeet me old mate

IPS

NG wouldn't allow the butt to drop to the level you are talking about.

What you need is one of these!!

If you could stand the embarrassment :)

DT

post-1056-0-00209800-1409229880.jpg

Attachments

• high rib trap gun 1.jpg
    high rib trap gun 1.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
ooh nice :)

You know how to turn me on skeet me old mate
Well...just so you know that the F3 can be aesthetically pleasing, as well as awesome in all other aspects. :)

So that is a Blaser F3 Super Trap in Baronesse; won't be cheap, but worth it methinks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had a play with the std dt 10 and it definitely mounts higher than the eell don't know why exactly as its only 4mm higher in the comb but there you go. So long term trial with the dt before making any radical change.

If you ever get over to Beverly drop me a PM & if I'm going you can try my AT2 no prob. When I bought it I had a budget of £6-7k I looked/shouldered a few Kreighoffs & Perrazzi's but they just didn't do it for me, the Blaser just felt so right.

I can still see Bob1 grinning from ear to ear when he tried it on the DTL at Beverly - 10 Clays all dust - he's left handed too - I'm right !!

That actually looks quite tasty, engraving looks nice, double monte going on too. Yep very tidy mate.

Its a bigger than usual monte carlo stock to accommodate high rib (in this case) or weird shape folk. So the butt pad ona monte is lets say 15mm ish lower than a standard stock, a double monte will be for instance 30mm lower than std stock as appears to be the case in the pic.

Ian

What's "double monte" when its at home?

Its a bigger than usual monte carlo stock to accommodate high rib (in this case) or weird shape folk. So the butt pad ona monte is lets say 15mm ish lower than a standard stock, a double monte will be for instance 30mm lower than std stock as appears to be the case in the pic.
And I had a whole different understanding of the term "Double Monty"?????  :biggrin:

Back