Hypothetical high rib question

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"impact" is the derivative used in CG for the high rib and adjustable comb guns.

You can have a Summit, Challenger, Maxum, etc all in Impact variety.

SO basically choose the grade of engraving and wood, then get the impact version....

I never hear of any reliability issues with CG now, apparently there were some with the very first guns over in the US, But everyone I know who has/had one has loved them!

I love mine! ;-)
good enough for me, many thanks for the info. So to clarify all the high rib variants have the adjustable rib thingie ?

cheers

CG also on short list

NOTE

I have to state that this is STILL hypothetical :)

"and it's a proper gun if you decide to keep it"

... Really ! So is Perazzi MX2005 some people have even won some medals with them ! Ian I don't see the point in buying a gun that only just lifts your head above the height its at with your current very good (proper) gun. If you are going to get real benefit you want to be looking straight ahead, that way the neck muscle and back muscles are under almost no strain. I see a guy, French international as it happens( but his is a ZOLI ) here using one for UT very very successfully and that is the reason he has it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good point hammy, original 682 or gold much better quality than the recent stuff imo. and as you say you will never lose on them.

its on the short list.
Excellent :) I'll bring it along to Sealand next time.

DT

good enough for me, many thanks for the info. So to clarify all the high rib variants have the adjustable rib thingie ?

As you like pretty guns (EELL), may I suggest the CG Maxum Trap

I have shot one, very nice.

640981_-_photo_0_1388781717_img.jpg

Maxum_Trap_profile_barrels.png

Ian me old mate.....you won't like this at all I'm afraid! Get yourself the softest shooting gun that is NOT an auto! You can have a rib like a ladder, and a stock as high as tower bridge if you like! As for fancy engraving, yes as much of it as you like, if that's your bag. I will not mention the name of the gun as I'm already in a hole and I have decided to stop digging!  :laugh:

PS nice engraving!!!!

post-951-0-44341300-1409153869.gif

Attachments

• 123.gif
    123.gif
    10.2 KB · Views: 0
Ian I have just bought a black summit ascent ( the one with boingy PFS ). This is the closest I have found to the old 682x I could find, fixed 10mm rib and adjustable stock all nicely finished and fitted.

Seeing as you have neck ,shoulder and back probs I would get a high rib fabarm xlr5 velocity. Super gun .

Incoming.......

Ian me old mate.....you won't like this at all I'm afraid! Get yourself the softest shooting gun that is NOT an auto! You can have a rib like a ladder, and a stock as high as tower bridge if you like! As for fancy engraving, yes as much of it as you like, if that's your bag. I will not mention the name of the gun as I'm already in a hole and I have decided to stop digging!  :laugh:

PS nice engraving!!!!
And, well, not attractive.  I was gonna say "ugly", but that seemed too judgmental.  But I still think it.

As for the CG - I'm not sure how to say this, but they just look ...................assembled.

I openly cop to liking high ribs and would certainly have one and love it if they just did not look so fragile.  The adjusto's in particular.  Not that I hear of that happening or anything but it just puts me off.

YMMV of course

I would still pop for a primo MX2 if one ever crosses my path, or an acceptable weight barreled DB81.  But I'm not waiting under water.

Ian I have the CG high rib.

Is there a min no of posts to be able to quote posts?

IPS, if you are looking at a CG, it would be the AT rib rather than the Impact that you should try. I still think the MX2005 is THE gun though. I tried a DT11X and it just felt a bit .......meh.

Latest posts

Back