How good is a Miroku ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the end of the day miroku is a lot of gun for not a lot of money. In the right hands it can win Olympic medals too!

I was at a shoot yesterday and a chap had a MK38  which he was very pleased with. Maybe it was the £200 prize money that put a smile on his face???

I was at a shoot yesterday and a chap had a MK38  which he was very pleased with. Maybe it was the £200 prize money that put a smile on his face???
Wow £200...........wow.......

Amazing.....if he wins another 15 of those he might have enough for a Perazzi......true story...!!

Ian peel dear in 2000! Remember now?
Sorry thought you said winning Olympian....I read it toooo quick.....

Did he get any specials from Miroku after coming 2nd...??

I am sure that given a Miroku that fitted properly and good ammunition the current Olympic trap champion could hit the right bit of sky just as many times as he did with his Perazzi . If he did not I would be very surprised. The world of sporting excellence is littered with instances of situations where a particular make of equipment is totally necessary. This is of course due to people who are not quite as gifted as the top competitors using the same equipment in the forlorn hope of a similar result. Perazzi did the right thing in engaging the shooting world at the very highest echelon way back, their guns are ubiquitous in the final rounds of shooting competitions. I would contend this is not down to the actual superiority of the gun but to those who shoot them ! However if the person shooting the gun is already a believer then he would want to use that make. Then add to that the fact that most of these people don't have to put their hand into their pocket to get one and hey presto brand dominance at the highest level! In summary most people who shoot Perazzi shotguns do so because a very good shooter does and  A)  they believe that having one will help their shooting because they see someone of far greater ability dusting targets like a machine or B) they just like to use quality gear even though they are pish themselves.

In summary there is nothing wrong with using a Perazzi, some of the best do, but don't get a superiority complex because you do and don't go crying in a darkened room because someone with a Beretta, Browning or Miroku made an arse of you in a competition :)

All of the above is absolutely true! ... That's me off the Perazzi shooters like list :)

Not exactly a Miroku, but you seem to conveniently forget Bob Braithwaite, and my uncle Brian Bailey ! ! !

Had a word with the guy who won the £200 with his Miroku yesterday. He has more than enough saved for the Perazzii, but isn't going to buy one has he likes to shoot every weekend and cannot risk having a Perazzi let him down with, trigger breakages, trigger issues , trigger spring breakages, doubling, fanfiring , and ribs falling off. So he'll stick with the Miroku.

Wow £200...........wow.......

Amazing.....if he wins another 15 of those he might have enough for a Perazzi......true story...!!
See there is that air of superiority :)  ! If you love the sport you can afford a Perazzi. I could easily afford a Perazzi ...True story!... Really!... but I don't, why? It would not make me any better at the game and that is what drives me not turning out with a shiny new what ever and being just as pish as before while the next guy who is shooting an obsolete just in proof side by side is making gravel out of everything that gets put up. True story... on Saturday I was shooting and a shooter came up and enquired about my Browning said he was looking to buy one. I offered him mine to try. He was delighted at the offer and in the next round used it unaltered to shoot a round of UT. He powdered 23 from the 25 and declared himself most impressed. I used his gun on the same round, I shot not too bad but not quite as well as I would with my own gun, but the gun was unaltered, however the gun recoiled noticeably compared to mine something we both commented on after the round. The gun he uses is a Perazzi.... True story! If he had offered me a straight swop there and then I would have said no...True story! Its just not that good a gun to shoot, in my opinion...True story! :)

Boys boys...stop getting emotional just because someone has a different view than yours......

The is nothing superior about having a joke either....lighten up.

Guns are all personal to each other.....I am sick of saying that i also have Mirokus....but prefer (my choice) to shoot a Perazzi. I have never bought a shiny new gun apart from my MK38 which i have had over 20 years....I only buy second hand guns....like cars.....let somone else pay the full price.

It is not about 'money' or thinking that a gun will give you extra points.......it is about choice and what you want to hold in 'your' hands. All experienced shooters know that it is the shooter who makes the points...not the gun.....but some guns are far more easy to shoot than others....and that is fact. What is also fact is that some shooters...no matter what they hold in their hands will never make the points....and that my friends is 'life'.....it is a bitch sometimes.

I do find it sad though this slagging off of products (joking apart)...either guns or cartridges......when it really it all comes down to the person and their choice. What is right for one is not always right for another......so joking apart...lets keep the slagging off of shooters out of it. No one is superior than anyone else in this game...we are all trying to enjoy a sport in the way we ourselves want to. 

Otherwise....when someone asks 'what gun and cartridge do you use and why'......no one will answer.....or people will hang back from giving their own opinions.

Of course i will not hold back because i love my combination.......whether it hits anything or not......I am proud to say I love my Perazzis and my Mirokus and my Fiocchi......

Sorry.....but it is .........a true story..!!

:laugh:

P.s. Forgot to say that i do not give a rats ass what anyone else shoot....that is between you and your God....and i wish you well with it........just saying..!

Sorry thought you said winning Olympian....I read it toooo quick.....

Did he get any specials from Miroku after coming 2nd...??
No idea Nic, probably not, maybe a rifle case as I think you had once? :biggrin:

Nic said..."I am proud to say I love my Perazzis and my Mirokus and my Fiocchi.....".

:laugh:

Nic I loved all three of my Perazzi's, but alas I just could not get consistent with any of them. I don't think the malfunctions and breakages helped matters. Even now I pick up MX8's in gun shops and have trouble resisting the things, but I have resisted the temptation now since about 2001 or so, because history tells me to leave them alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not exactly a Miroku, but you seem to conveniently forget Bob Braithwaite, and my uncle Brian Bailey ! ! !

Had a word with the guy who won the £200 with his Miroku yesterday. He has more than enough saved for the Perazzii, but isn't going to buy one has he likes to shoot every weekend and cannot risk having a Perazzi let him down with, trigger breakages, trigger issues , trigger spring breakages, doubling, fanfiring , and ribs falling off. So he'll stick with the Miroku.
Yes I guess you are right Pete, although Bob shot a Browning, the B25 is in fact the blueprint for the Miroku and it's very difficult to separate the two! As for uncle Brian, well he was some great shot mate, is he still around Pete?

In summary there is nothing wrong with using a Perazzi, some of the best do, but don't get a superiority complex because you do and don't go crying in a darkened room because someone with a Beretta, Browning or Miroku made an arse of you in a competition :)
Reminds me of something that happened to me years ago! I was on an ABT squad, there we are on the line in all our trap shooting finery, you know the sort of thing, side blinders, right hat, right vest with various 25, 50, 75, 100 straight badges lovingly applied, not to mention the right guns, MX8, 3800, B25,Winchester etc. We were waiting for the last man to appear, eventually he did, he was about 80 years old and wearing a donkey jacket, black wellies and had a very tatty side by side, we got started once we had told him what had to be done because he had never shot a clay in his life!!! That old guy thrashed the daylights out of us all, our fancy gear and guns made not one bit of difference, he had owned that gun for most of his life........and boy could he shoot it! Gutted or what? Yep you bet we were, but none of us went out and got donkey jackets or a side by side! :laugh:

I am sure that given a Miroku that fitted properly and good ammunition the current Olympic trap champion could hit the right bit of sky just as many times as he did with his Perazzi . If he did not I would be very surprised. The world of sporting excellence is littered with instances of situations where a particular make of equipment is totally necessary. This is of course due to people who are not quite as gifted as the top competitors using the same equipment in the forlorn hope of a similar result. Perazzi did the right thing in engaging the shooting world at the very highest echelon way back, their guns are ubiquitous in the final rounds of shooting competitions. I would contend this is not down to the actual superiority of the gun but to those who shoot them ! However if the person shooting the gun is already a believer then he would want to use that make. Then add to that the fact that most of these people don't have to put their hand into their pocket to get one and hey presto brand dominance at the highest level! In summary most people who shoot Perazzi shotguns do so because a very good shooter does and  A)  they believe that having one will help their shooting because they see someone of far greater ability dusting targets like a machine or B) they just like to use quality gear even though they are pish themselves.

All of the above is absolutely true! ... That's me off the Perazzi shooters like list :)
I can attest to that,

Many years ago when i used to do archery, some of the england squad came to shoot with us,   (ironically i was friends with & went  to school with one of the team members .)

As we we shooting i placed an arrow near on cental to a very tight group in the gold at 60 yds, the england guy i was shooting with just leaned in as awas walking back to rest line , and said " nice arrow",  the confidence boost was stellar!!!

When we were chatting later, he said I would have days where the gold is a bucket, and no matter what you  do, everything will go in,  other times, the gold will be like a coffee jar lid  and nothing will go in, 

What makes the differance is your mental approach, and attitude, and its keeping those together that counts.

And practice :)   

Mart

Nicola,

A couple of very good posts by you about personal taste and behaviour.

For those who do not know me, could I explain that I  love Miroku shotguns. BUT I keep hankering for a Perazzi and occasionally in moments of madness a Krieghoff.

Despite numerous purchases of P's & K's I always get rid and bring out the old faithful.

I honestly cannot answer why I keep wanting a new gun  and why people change from Miroku's to other brands apart from wanting change or pride of ownership in a more / the most expensive gun?

I feel sure that if Miroku introduced their Presidential Grade as a new line at  circa £8500 with suitable launch publicity it would fly off the shelves.

I feel sure that if Miroku introduced their Presidential Grade as a new line at  circa £8500 with suitable launch publicity it would fly off the shelves.
Pete I wish Miroku would make version of the old  Browning Carrega ST150. I still love the look of that gun even now, it looked awsome as far as I'm concerned.

Back