How good is a Miroku ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Off thread and on thread. Berettas I think some people feel the recoil more because they are a fairly light (28" &30") gun. I used an SV10 and feel very little recoil which I've been told is due to the internal barrel profile being bored 18.6?. Previously I had a Miroku MK10 which I actually regret parting with and the difference in weight was considerable and I felt no recoil at all. Overall I think Miroku are very good guns but I prefer the slim action on Berettas.

Must admit I don't find recoil a problem with my Silver Pigeon now that I've adjusted the bottom of the pad with an electric grinder. Taking the point off means it fits much more comfortably.

I think the problem with Miroku these days is they just aren`t cool anymore.People seem to want guns that cost a fortune but do exactly the same job as cheaper ones.As long as a gun  fits you and handles right,shoots where your looking,who gives a sh*t what it looks like or what make it is. I must admit though good trigger pulls on a miroku are the holly grail. I see so many shooters today with ten grand guns who couldn't hit the field they are stood in. What they should be doing is spending 2k on the gun and 8k on lessons. But its their money so who am I to judge. Only 2yrs left now until I have saved enough dosh for a Perazzi !!!! 

Sorry but there are lots of Perazzis around that are under £3K.

as has been said before . a friend of mine who happens to be a very good shot (england team) once said that tis still possible to buy a gun for £800 and win  world champs . MK38 anyone???????

Times move on but I am sure you are right. Maybe the right person could win with a £400 one. Anything is possible.

This is a fare point there is nothing particularly technical or ground breaking about any shotgun a cheap one does same as a 12k one but the 12k one is an aspirational purchase purely for pleasure of ownership and without that aspiration the manufacturers would go out of business .. Probably.

I don't shoot any better with the eell than i did with my parker hale for 450 quid but like a pointless piece of art i have the pleasure of owning it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Times move on but I am sure you are right. Maybe the right person could win with a £400 one. Anything is possible.
would love to see Mr Faulds or gorgeous George with a hatstand. Go on edgars stump up the sponsorship money. :money:

It should be pointed out that Leadbelly has just won the British FITASC Grand Prix perhaps one of the toughest competitions for some time. Using a Miroku .

Leadbelly is probably a Multi Millionaire who has owned possibly every gun ever made but keeps coming back to Miroku.

A nicer chap you couldn't wish to meet, my hero and one day I will be as good as him I hope.

Steve you don't need a Perazzi, Krieghoff or Blaser, do you really want to be as grumpy as Maurice?

I have had at least 10 beretta's since my first one in 93 and I have never had a problem with recoil on any of them. Perseption of recoil seems to be a very subjective and personal thing.
I've had a dt10 and two 682x's over the years and never had any recoil probs with any of them. If every mirook and browning vanished from the face of the earth I would probably go back to a dt10.

That my good friend would be a wise move ?

If i was a newbie i would be getting a 692

just saying :)

If I was a newbie and had the 25+ years info I have now .....implanted at the beginning ......I would save myself a whole lot of experimenting and go straight for a Perazzi MX8 work horse......saving thousands of pounds on all the other guns that I have bought over the years...... :wink:

Hell......with that knowledge as a newbie.....I would probably buy two identical MX8's with one Evocomp.....and rotate their use....

As one one who has tried many hobbys, and allways tried to be the curve ball with eclectic kit and  innovative stuff, i can conclude  ....

I wish i hadnt bothered and followed the pack!

Why are certain makes popular and well established?  because there easy to use, and deliver consistant results,  reliably.

When i did Archery most people shot Hoyt,  i chose somthing else,    i could compete, but it was hard work, and required loads of subtle tweaks to keep up. I couldnt get to the premier league,  my stature preculded that 

So this time round,  im going to stick with the pack,   then when i know the errors are not the gun, i can splash out,   but then again,   what does a £70k  gun offer over a 2.5K item .....

Sometimes the psycological lift is more important 

Mart

Wow.....you are looking high at £70k......for me in competition the mental game would be hindered by an expensive gun.....scratches....bashes......rust. I prefer a cheaper gun like an MX8 :wink: I always end up at some time ...with dints and scratches because of walking into things or dropping things like barrels ......so I shoot a relatively cheap work horse. Never been tempted by the expensive guns....even for game. I could not feel happy taking a Fabbri (167,000 euros) on a game shoot an worry about what I did to it :wink:

As for anything innovative .....I prefer to see results first before I try.....but I never close my mind to the options.

I only ever look at guns only in the region of £600 to about £4K.....and now more and more I only look at Perazzis.....but then that is just my love, passion and opinion....and not intended to influence anyone.

Sorry for thread drift......

'How good is a Mirky' ...........answer.......they are....great guns....but I do not shoot them now......but I love them and will never sell the MK38.....

I think there are definite differences between say a brand new Miroku and a brand new perazzi/krieghoff/kemen/DT11

While they all do the same thing, the more expensive guns will be slightly more refined, are generally balanced better and will feel 'nicer' when being shot. The more expensive guns will have smoother trigger pulls and not a lot of play in the trigger. Now a lot of you will disagree and that is fine, I can only go on my experiences, and I currently shoot a MK38 :)

While the MK38 is a good work horse gun, it has taken over a year for me to get this to shoot and feel how I like my guns to shoot, this has been a mix of work I have done and work gunsmiths have done. I think it is now a very smooth shooting gun, low felt recoil with a nice balance. Its beadless, well there is a thread on that if you are interested, it has a schnabel foreend, trap stock that has had the grip thinned down and has had the pitch altered to make it sporterized. Whats left to do?

Well I would like a trigger job done, there is an adjustable trigger kit now and in conjunction with the olympic trigger blade feels very nice, but that is another £150 which can wait. But on the whole it shoots very nicely and I am pleased with it.

Now, if I had a large wad of cash burning a hole in my pocket would I buy a Perazzi/Krieghoff/Kemen/DT11? Actually I would, and probably a Perazzi MX2000S factory fitted :)

Matt

you could have aspired to a eell but in beretta's wisdom they stopped making em.

Your right about the refinement and balance and trig pulls etc of higher end stuff. Does the same job but like anything you get what you pay for. I wouldn't say i shoot the eell any better than my std dt10 but it feels nicer to shoot and IMO is a beautiful work of art.

Ian unless I find a sponsor or kind benefactor I doubt I will be stretching to £5k plus shotguns :)

Just cleaned the MK38 in preparation for tomorrow's outing at Southdown, a complete strip down clean, ejectors off, top plates off, cleaned and polished, bores cleaned with the brush on a drill method, all greased and put back together in under 30 mintues. Veay easy guns to work on thats for sure.

I wiped mine off with a rag, once a year i wipe it down with an oily rag. Mine also easy to work on :)

Back