How good is a Miroku ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salopian

Well the Lady has opened a can of worms with the Perazzi Melanie Sykes X Gun.

So how about evaluating a Miroku in real terms?

How many Champion shots started their career or continue to use a Miroku ( possibly not many continue to use a Miroku after being bought for a bag of Gold by a rival manufacturer).

But it will be interesting to name a few.

George Digweed, Carl Bloxham, Gary Phillips, John Woolley, Steve Walton, Mark Marshall, Kevin Howland, Steve Williams, Sam Green, John Bidwell ( same sausage, different skin) Joe Kitson, Ian Peel, Peter Croft, Richard Faulds, John Grice, JJ Reilly, Pete Cole, Mick Howells, Mickey Rouse.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I love mine.

Looks great.

Has never let me down.

Was thinking of changing but can't find a reason not to shoot it.

I use the same Miroku 3800 I started with over 25 years ago. Just shot my PB at DTL 100/298 in Ireland at the British Open to win the Ladies title, 1st in A Class and shoot off for 3rd overall and high gun of England.

The Ladies squad used 3 Kreighoffs and 2 Miroku.

Not looking at changing it, why should I? It was me that 2nd barrelled two not the gun!

I bought one because of the recommendations. I'm still a bit crap with it but put it in the hands of a decent shot and I reckon they would do just as we'll as they would if they used some fancy dan bit of kit. I'm more than happy with it and would rather spend the cash I could spend on an expensive gun on shells and clays....

If I had not spent all my cash buying houses over the last 25 years then a K80 sporter would be my dream gun the best there is imo but other then that pound for pound you cannot beat my mirook mk38 sporter, trap forend 32" with two mullers at the business end. :nyam:

They certainly seem to be a very worthwhile gun. I have a Browning Ultra XTR which I think is great is this not just a Miroku by another name? I was lead to believe that the Brownings are made at the same factory in Japan.

I'm happy with mine. 

Misses are down to the monkey behind the gun, not the gun.

They are simply the work horse of guns, easy to maintain, easy to get parts for (touch wood nothing has happened to mine!), inter changeable forends, well sort of, they shoot very well although sometimes they can be a bit lively.

Looked at a mk38 grade 5 32inch trap/sporter Bloxham jobby at a dealer, recoil :unsure:reducer and ported barrels with thin wall Teague chokes. Could almost make me defect from Baretta. Anyone got personal experience..?

Mark Marshall still using one I think also Graham Stirzaker, my second gun was a Miroku then as we all do tried various others but went back to mk38 grade 1 which I've still got and now a grade 5 so enjoying what I think is probably the best value competition gun pound for pound out there . tin hat on now for the ribbing I'll get from a few on here :whistle:

I've shot an Mk38 grade 5 trap 32 inch 3/4 and full for the last 7 years, it stills feels like new, shot a 89 at all round with it last year, having not shot all round for a few years, i never think a target is too close or too far, I love it, I use a AYA number 2 for game, but always the miroku for pigeon shooting , I think £ for £ the best gun on the market today, I have had the privilege of shooting for GB with it at helice, and recommend them very highly

Never had or shot one always considered them somewhat agricultural but so are land rovers and my massey furgeson and they seem to work ok. Oh and so does my 1975 jcb :)

So i dare say they do the job.

Mk38 great gun....had mine since 1988 (brand spanky new - got a few battle scars now though) had a bit of luck with it too :wink:

I don't use one myself but know several who do and love them,as for who started off with one I think it fair to say if we were all offered a free gun by one of the other makers not many would refuse. 

I know I wouldn't refuse a free gun, I still have my berreta 687 L and my first baikal , but I don't think I would splash out on a perrazi although they are beautiful guns, the miroku is a bit agricultural, graham evans has shot one for years, he's won the VET DTL world championship last year at mid Wales , I was on the peg next to him, using 8's in the first barrel and World Cup 7/1/2 in the second,

I guess it comes down to what your confident using, what feels tactile to hold and what your budget is, oh and if you can shoot a bit, that helps

Mr Dore, by repute, has loads of Mirokus...only Mirokus

A while back, he sent in a gun to "have some work done".  This gun is one he had shot with for about 20 years.  When he was asked how many rounds had gone through it, he replied...."About a Million".
When you consider that he used to shoot about 50,000 targets a year...quite possible.  If you look him up in the NSSA Skeet magazine, he will be in the top 5 registered 12g shooters, by quantity of targets. Nearly 38000 in the last 5 years, just at NSSA Skeet.

So he likes a Miroku, and they seem to work for him.  Double hard guns by the sounds of it.

Looked at a mk38 grade 5 32inch trap/sporter Bloxham jobby at a dealer, recoil :unsure:reducer and ported barrels with thin wall Teague chokes. Could almost make me defect from Baretta. Anyone got personal experience..?
Yep, get it bought, mine is a G1 bloxham but has had modifications since, I cracked my G1 stock and have got a G5 stock without recoil reducer on it now, also just upgraded to a G5 forend to match :D Only thing I wouldnt have if doing it again would be the ports, bloody dirty things :(

Mr Dore, by repute, has loads of Mirokus...only Mirokus

A while back, he sent in a gun to "have some work done".  This gun is one he had shot with for about 20 years.  When he was asked how many rounds had gone through it, he replied...."About a Million".

When you consider that he used to shoot about 50,000 targets a year...quite possible.  If you look him up in the NSSA Skeet magazine, he will be in the top 5 registered 12g shooters, by quantity of targets. Nearly 38000 in the last 5 years, just at NSSA Skeet.

So he likes a Miroku, and they seem to work for him.  Double hard guns by the sounds of it.
Yep the Dore has probably put millions through his, was talking to him Sunday at Northampton and had done a thousand that weekend! He shot 299ex300 12g nssa and a round of english on sunday for good measure :D

Back