Guns designed especially for Women

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so what would a Lady need? No toe or higher Stock and lighter gun?
Exactly what I have been trying to get to the bottom of, I suppose there the same as blokes really as in many different shapes and sizes which begs the question what exactly is going to be the USP

(god I hate that acronym I have no idea why I used it)

Exactly what I have been trying to get to the bottom of, I suppose there the same as blokes really as in many different shapes and sizes which begs the question what exactly is going to be the USP

(god I hate that acronym I have no idea why I used it)
The differentiation (rather than USP) will be that the shops might have one in for a woman to hold and try. Buying a gun when you've never shot one that even remotely fits you is really, really hard. It's why I'm happy to meet up with women so they can try firing my shot-stock gun. 

Exactly Ian that's the spirit maybe they could offer the gun with an unfinished stock and  a fitting service included in purchase and whilst I understand the expense the numbers involved would hardly be in the thousands so could it be feasible who knows! :geek:
you don't mean a bespoke fitting service at no extra cost such as a perazzi by any chance shaun ?

What a ground breaking idea that would be for a mfr, to fit a gun to the individual having realised that men and indeed women are all different.

The differentiation (rather than USP) will be that the shops might have one in for a woman to hold and try. Buying a gun when you've never shot one that even remotely fits you is really, really hard. It's why I'm happy to meet up with women so they can try firing my shot-stock gun.
I was going to reply on the lines of

I have no problem with meeting women shooters for them to have a hold of mine, b

BUT then I realised it may be construed as sexist or indeed confrontational to women so I decided not to.

And who remembers the Beretta collection early 90s, predominantly aimed at women (and men of a certain persuasion perhaps)

I didn't say the word so shut up :)
My best mate's son had a collection 95 and sold it for a collection 97 because he liked the colour more??????

Just to point out he is now happily married with 2 kids so didn't turn out too bad!  :sarcastic: (Not that turning out any other way is a bad thing - oh no! Big hole to dive into please!)  :biggrin:

Sorry that wasn't the intention, it's simply a fact that the mid segment is where the sales are.
I know it wasn't hammy that is why I said inadvertently. I could have pm'd you to tell you of your error but it would not have been as much fun :)

I was going to reply on the lines of

I have no problem with meeting women shooters for them to have a hold of mine, b

BUT then I realised it may be construed as sexist or indeed confrontational to women so I decided not to.
Context is everything :) I think you're on safe ground within this particular conversation.

you don't mean a bespoke fitting service at no extra cost such as a perazzi by any chance shaun ?

What a ground breaking idea that would be for a mfr, to fit a gun to the individual having realised that men and indeed women are all different.
salvinelli (ok the spelling is probably incorrect but I can't be bothered googling it) offer a sort of stock fitting service on their Monacos. I think theres 12 different ones to try as standard plus a made to measure option.. the guns seem to be well priced and feel very nicely balanced..  

Unfortuately i think the reputation has been somewhet damaged by some issues with the Monza... Shame as they are probably good guns...I'd possibly consider one if i was looking for someting new.  I'd accept a sponsorship deal if there's any going.. 

Moore K-80 said:
I think you will see if you bother to read my posts that i actually said that there are some VERY good women shots out there such as Cheryl Hall (brilliant sporting shot), Amber Hill (Skeet),Charlotte Kerwood, Abbey Burton (both very good trap shots). I never knocked womens capabilities once!
Post 67/68 you seem to agree women will never shoot as well as men then promptly except Cheryl Hall is brilliant and I know for sure neither you nor Chubby has ever shot 100 straight at southdown  and probably never will.

Sorry little angry Bear person but i have 100% respect for the female type and will on occasion pull people up for being a little sexist nothing personal though so take a chill pill. :pickeat:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not new in the CG World most of there guns have been bought and shot by big girls, Richard, Jem and Don to name just a few.

How do you like the new diplomatic me?

Sloppy, you kill me!  (am I allowed to say that, or will it offend the dead??)

How on earth you can liken Don to the greats that are Fauldsy and Jem escapes me!

post-1726-0-23366000-1390584253.jpg

Relief moment - take a breath and enjoy.  No need to get upset.   Cheryl is magnificent and we all agree, I like her very much as a person as well as an accomplished shooter and there are more men at the top than women but the women who are there are glorious - just saying.

Attachments

• motivational_posters_11-s550x440-22938.jpg
    motivational_posters_11-s550x440-22938.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 0
I think that this is all pretty simple really. CG are to be congratulated for giving this a go. They obviously feel that there's a market out there and time will tell if they've judged it correctly or not. 

If it's true (as I think Liz intimated) that some Women are put off by the current male dominated gun sales world, then CG may well be responsible for providing an option that could encourage more people to join our sport. THAT has got to be a good thing surely? 

" How on earth you can liken Don to the greats that are Fauldsy and Jem escapes me!"

Don ought to be very good, all the free entries, cartridges and guns he gets given him. Jem is coming along with the benefit of your tuition.

Richard no hope, he'll never really be any good, I mean, what's he ever won?

A ladies gun won't involve that much investment for CG will it? Presumably the action (the part of a gun that surely involves most development) is unchanged. Then you have slight variants to the stock and maybe the barrels? Hey presto a 'new product', but its no big outlay or risk I would think.

Exactly clever, its not a new gun its just a stock with different dimensios, commendable yes but hardly ground breaking unlesd of course there doingvsomething really radical that we have yet to learn. As said esrlier get an adj stock.

job done

Latest posts

Back