Guns designed especially for Women

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm likely to like the feel of the clay version, like you do. :declare:   :D

:fie:  OH my God!  You have just become a male cheauvanst un policticaly correct male shooter! :fie:    You just wait till the thought police sees your post and you will be castigated! :fie:   and thats not very nice, you deserve it!

:fie:  OH my God!  You have just become a male cheauvanst un policticaly correct male shooter! :fie:    You just wait till the thought police sees your post and you will be castigated! :fie:   and thats not very nice, you deserve it!
creeparse!!

:fie:  Well wen I mentioned that  moore k80 had PMT it was deleted after "numerous" complaints, telling  me a womans  medical complaint was not funny! :fie:  

I'm just perplexed as to why this is causing such controversy.

I'm not going to change my gun as it's taken years to get right and I couldn't sell it to anyone other than a 10 year old given that the stock is so short. That said, if I was going to look for new guns, I would have a look at this as I may be more likely to get a sense of what it will be like when altered than a normal standard gun. It's no different to ladies shooting jackets being cut to fit the average shaped lady, as opposed to having to look at extra small men's versions.

At the end of the day, if it's a good gun that fits a larger proportion of lady shooters, it will do well. If it's not, then it won't. But ultimately it's up to the business if they want to put forward something to encourage a particular market.

Thats "Mr Admin Thought Police" to you  - give yourself a little rest 'guru', your constant passive aggressive sniping is boring...  

I'm not sure what you find so hard to understand about the concept. Like everyone keeps saying, here and on the videos, it's a gun that is made so that it is more likely to be a good fit for a woman. They aren't claiming that if you don't have a Y chromosome that the gun will be perfect for you straight off. They aren't saying that if you do have a Y chromosome that you won't be able to use this gun. They are just saying that it is likely to be closer to the fit you need than most off the shelf guns. What's so hard to understand about that?
well without reading the whole 11 pages again i don't remember that we actually got to the bottom of exactly what dimensions etc were different to the "man" version. I am only interested out of curiosity and genuine interest, i am not knocking the product or the concept. An answer on the lines of the stock is shorter, has more cast, has higher comb etc would be ideal but i don't remember anyone giving a definitive answer.

well without reading the whole 11 pages again i don't remember that we actually got to the bottom of exactly what dimensions etc were different to the "man" version. I am only interested out of curiosity and genuine interest, i am not knocking the product or the concept. An answer on the lines of the stock is shorter, has more cast, has higher comb etc would be ideal but i don't remember anyone giving a definitive answer.
I would genuinely like to understand as well. My daughter and I have the same model gun except hers is a 32" and mine a 28". Her stock is longer than mine by quite a bit - can't remember exact figures at the mo. We have both had professional fitting and she had to have more cast off than me - both right handed forgot to say. So I wonder where you would start from for a "lady's gun"?

We went to the Shooting Show yesterday, and my wife got to mount the Syren.

The differences are all in the woodwork (obviously), this isn't an exhaustive list - but the fore end is thinner, the stock shorter and to me looked to have a higher comb, the grip/palm swell area for the right hand is smaller - so it's easier for a smaller hand to get a strong grip.

Finally, significantly more pitch on the stock.

My wife is a small 5'2", and whilst the stock is still too long for her, it's not far off (certainly better than any other gun we've tried) - and she loved it, name on the waiting list for a try!

You're right in thinking that a good fitting will do most/all of the above - but we certainly paid 100s to get all this done on her Silver Pigeon, nice not to have to.

P

Sian

exactly

peteri

thank you that answers the question nicely

.......... So I wonder where you would start from for a "lady's gun"?
Simply by selling it as such and as Liz said, making it so it's more likely to fit a Woman.

We all know that almost any gun can be made to fit almost anyone, so in the end it's really just a marketing exercise aimed at getting more Women to shoot. That's a good thing AFAIAC. 

Back