Guns designed especially for Women

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And not of them will ever score the same as Men! before you all shout look at the cpsa top shots- no birds in the top 20.

have now put my Kevlar helmet on
You may be better off with full bomb disposal body suit Chubby :spiteful:

But would also like to add I don't believe for one minute that women have one single disadvantage at all in clayshooting and that includes all disciplines its just a lot less women shoot. :nyam:

No tin hat needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no physical reason why women cannot be just as good as men at shooting clays.

They are already up with the men in target shooting in both small-bore and full-bore so its only a matter of time Chubby!

Women have won both the Queen's Prize and the Earl Roberts many times now.

Its a good goal for a good girl in each discipline!  ;)    

Sorry guys but that is utter Bull poo! typical male chauvinistic guessing at best the percentage of women shooting is tiny compared to men so you cannot even start to make comparisons and Moore K80 do you honestly have even the slightest idea how that women would look not that you would ever get the chance I know if it was between you and her who I would rather see.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I am waiting for a manafacturer to make a gun that fits a man, none of them fit me.. :drag:  

Moore K-80 said:
It was a bloody joke! Get a grip! 
Really? How was it meant to be funny? 

Moore K-80 said:
I have to agree with Wylye on this one, if there are 200 women shooters out there, a good percentage would not shoot CG and even if they did it's hardly worth CG going into full production for. Fair play to CG for trying this but i bet production has ceased on a dedicated Womens gun inside 2 years.
Wylye and you may not know that there are lots of women shooters out there but just because they don't shoot CPSA registereds it doesn't mean they aren't out there. I personally know nearly a hundred women who shoot and I've been in the sport for a millisecond. Game shooting, rough shooting, clays for fun, wildfowling. Please don't mix up the rarified atmosphere of competitive clay shooting with the entire discipline of shooting. 

I think it is fair to say that there really is not a huge market for a female specific gun when you compare the male market, its just the way it is. So I cannot see how a mfr could justify the expense of producing one. As far as I can tell over the last few years it has been hard enough trying to sell new guns to blokes. Surely as has been stated already a new / adj stock such as a nil griff is the easiest way to proceed. Also from a purely financial perspective any woman who goes and buys a female specific model is going to have a very narrow market if she ever tries to sell it on.

Moore K-80 said:
It was a bloody joke! Get a grip! And as for which one of us you would rather look at, i am very flattered but you really are not my type!
Its nothing personal just think its a good idea to engage the brain a bit more when talking about "Women" and their clay shooting prowess on a shooting forum as it can come across a bit sexist to some and as for joke where is the punch line? because its lost on me! but like I said its nothing personal. :prankster:

I think people are reading way too much into this, CG are not producing whole guns specific to women, essentially they are making stocks that better serve women from the off, very very clever marketing as is the norm for them. They will increase their market share because they happen to be in an affordable market segment anyway so females will be more likely to buy them than they were before.

Classic Doubles Lady Sport Spectrum circa 1997.

Beautiful pale pink and pale purple stripes up the sides of the action. A proper "Girlie's" gun.  :girlcrazy:

Top seller   --  NOT!  :fie:

they happen to be in an affordable market segment anyway so females will be more likely to buy them than they were before.
oops you may want to rephrase that one Hammy, you seem to have inadvertently implied women have not got much money. :)

Classic Doubles Lady Sport Spectrum circa 1997.

Beautiful pale pink and pale purple stripes up the sides of the action. A proper "Girlie's" gun.  :girlcrazy:

Top seller   --  NOT!  :fie:
And who remembers the Beretta collection early 90s, predominantly aimed at women (and men of a certain persuasion perhaps)

I didn't say the word so shut up :)

oops you may want to rephrase that one Hammy, you seem to have inadvertently implied women have not got much money. :)
Sorry that wasn't the intention, it's simply a fact that the mid segment is where the sales are.

And who remembers the Beretta collection early 90s, predominantly aimed at women (and men of a certain persuasion perhaps)

I didn't say the word so shut up :)
It's true. You equated a man who is attracted to other men with feminine characteristics though, and that was pretty old-fashioned of you. However, baby steps :) 

I think it is fair to say that there really is not a huge market for a female specific gun when you compare the male market, its just the way it is. So I cannot see how a mfr could justify the expense of producing one. As far as I can tell over the last few years it has been hard enough trying to sell new guns to blokes. Surely as has been stated already a new / adj stock such as a nil griff is the easiest way to proceed. Also from a purely financial perspective any woman who goes and buys a female specific model is going to have a very narrow market if she ever tries to sell it on.
Exactly Ian that's the spirit maybe they could offer the gun with an unfinished stock and  a fitting service included in purchase and whilst I understand the expense the numbers involved would hardly be in the thousands so could it be feasible who knows! :geek:

Back