Guns designed especially for Women

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Presumably comb height due to higher cheek bones , cast because of protrusions and stock length due to being of slight build would be the issues. ?

Presumably comb height due to higher cheek bones , cast because of protrusions and stock length due to being of slight build would be the issues. ?
If they're making the guns for Barbie they'll have a small market.

Can't wait to see it. Not that one gun will fit all, but it would be nice to see something that isn't a Silver Pigeon 20 bore (that's why my husband shoots, nagdammit!)
Steady Liz - I'll tell Karen!

I think this is a great idea

So what exactly are the differeces required, no sarcasm meant at all genuinly interested

So what exactly are the differeces required, no sarcasm meant at all genuinly interested
Well, my first reply was serious enough. But women, being people, come in varied heights, weights and shape. Also a lot of the "women are this/that/the other" stuff put around by shooting "experts" is utter bunkum Only last week Michael Yardley published something saying that women have trouble winking and blinking in the presence of guns. because you know, that's what the lack of a Y chromosome does, it affects your blinking ability. I've also seen some stupid claims about eye dominance, which was such utter rot the esteemed Mr Lyons was compelled to weigh in on the side of sanity. A lighter 12 bore with a shorter stock with a flatter pitch would be a good start. 

Phew .....glad I am not considered a woman ...I like playing with the men :wink:

A fully adjustable stock and lighter barrels would make most women's life easier.....especially using something like the Evocomp which can be altered to try things like getting the pitch right or he length right (for different front ends). It is so easy to adjust.

Just my opinion of course.

Last edited:
This is a serious question, why wouldn't it be? So how big is the market then Jem0911?
Ian you are quite right ....The market is tiny in comparison.

But this is not the First Ladies gun....if I remember rightly Kreighoff did a ladies lightweight which is what Steffie Stoufer used (probably not spelt name right) it was a long time ago.

"These guns that are designed especially for women" are they in white, just like the rest of the kitchen appliance's,
Mmmmm.......Macc Ladd you are in trouble when I see you next....(but in a good way  :spiteful: )

Guess it is all just gun fit, but anything that makes beginners of either sex aware that it matters has got to be a good thing. I think my adjustable comb has sorted most issues out for me, stock still perhaps a little long, but my issues all stemmed from my swan like neck....

Interesting concept,

question for the ladies (I use the term loosely :) ) what differences would be required. Serious question.

note

I used a smile, just saying :)

It would probably be easier for us men  to understand if this was answered with pictures

Last edited by a moderator:
"It would probably be easier for us men to understand if this was answered with pictures"
post-1726-0-16064100-1390507774.jpg

I think she would need a bit cast off!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back