Gun reviews on youtube

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, and perhaps I'm being pedantic but to me this does not make a Fabarm a Guerini in the same way that a Skoda is not a Bentley, OK a little extreme, but you get my drift.

By the way, I'm not knocking Skoda, we've had 3 so far and they are excellent vehicles. I am however knocking Fabarm, I've tried one and they are... well let's just say they're not for me and most certainly not in the same league as the CG (yet?)

Thanks, and perhaps I'm being pedantic but to me this does not make a Fabarm a Guerini in the same way that a Skoda is not a Bentley, OK a little extreme, but you get my drift.

By the way, I'm not knocking Skoda, we've had 3 so far and they are excellent vehicles. I am however knocking Fabarm, I've tried one and they are... well let's just say they're not for me and most certainly not in the same league as the CG (yet?)
I think they have definitely kept a distance between the two products, CG have just taken the barrel technology from Fabarm but not shared a lot the other way.

Fabarm are also into the semi auto market and sell in quite large volumes to law enforcement and military sectors which C G wanted to get in on so they weren't as reliant on the civilian sector for sales. It has also given them a route to the budget o/u market also.

Back in about 2002/3 Fabarm was instrumental in CG starting up. For the 1st couple of years before they had their own factory, CG used Fabarm's machinery to produce their actions, which was and still is the only part of a CG made in house.  Fabarm has always made the barrels, Essevierre makes the woodwork, Giovanelli takes care of the engraving and I think Gemini makes the chokes. It's clearly a recipe that works quite well since CG rapidly became big enough to take a controlling stake in Fabarm.

AFAIK there aren't any common parts between the two brands and there's certainly a very different market philosophy. Fabarm guns do seem to have taken a step up in engineering quality since CG came in and the Tribore barrels and Exis chokes are well thought of, but to me the styling looks a bit tacky and I agree with Lloyd that there are other strong contenders at that price point.

If you pop open a Summit, a Tempio, and an Axis, the action design appears more or less the same. The ejectors are different but there is definitely some platform / tooling being shared. I am sure I have a photo of the actions side by side, ill dig it out.

If you do a little searching you will find some good videos of people prising the Skoda badges off engines to expose the VW cast emblem underneath - the Skoda badge just glued on over the top

Probably a more accurate analogy

If you do a little searching you will find some good videos of people prising the Skoda badges off engines to expose the VW cast emblem underneath - the Skoda badge just glued on over the top

Probably a more accurate analogy
I know Skoda use VAG engines and running gear, that's why we currently own out third Skoda.  And I was aware that CG use Fabarm barrels But if you try a Fabarm next to a Guerini, trust me there is no comparison, in the same way that there's no comparison between our Audi A6 allroad and the Fabia.  

CG and Fabarm, along with a raft of other makes utilise variations of a fairly standard action design. This is often referred to as the "Rizzini" action or the Italian guild action. Among all these makes the engineering and build quality varies quite widely but, as always, the price point is a very good guide as to how well built a gun is. There are plenty of budget priced versions out there but there are only 2 makes that can be considered as worthy contenders in the clay shooting world, specifically B.Rizzini and Caesar Guerini. In fact CGs are much more similar to B. Rizzini that to Fabarm but the CGs are still different and in several ways.

Looking forward to watching this one later. Have the grade 1 and am eying up an upgrade...

Ear protection roundup this week (sorry it's been so long, I haven't been well these last few week) part of a miniseries on accessories.

Another interesting video Lloyd, thank you. Other topics that some may find useful could be Range bags and gun slips?

Razorback the ultimate range bag and probably the most protective gunslip if you can cope with it being rigid!
That would be good, I am just starting the hunt or a new range bag to carry 100+ carts, gloves, water, specs, chokes etc etc.  My Napier bag is now close to the end of it's natural.  

Update: Spoken to Napier about getting some kit for testing, and pending marketing approval I should be able to cover the razorback range. Good shout Schmokinn, I hadn't heard of that range before now.

Wish I'd heard of the Razorback range before I bought a Musto cartridge bad last week  :resent:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back