Gamebore BlueDiamond ... ABH?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisPackham

Shot 200 of these today through the Evo just trying  few things out, is it just me or does everyone feel beaten up by these cartridges? Plus they have a recoil system .. i really really dislike them!

Just brought 3000 of them, find them really soft and just as fast as my other cartridge choice but with a choice of shot size

Can't comment on the blue diamond but I had one of those days yesterday when I could not hit a thing consequently I really dislike my current cartridge choice and yet last sat I loved them. Have to grow to love them again though as have 7K in stock

No point as such.

Just saying.

Edit 

Ps 

I also currently dislike my gun my vest my glasses my ear plugs and anything else I wore or used during yesterday's fiasco.

Just bally well saying.  Again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually shot just as well of badly (depending on reference point) as usual... I just don't like the beating they gave me!

I'm a girl, admitted not a girlie girl, but that's all I shoot, 28g 7.5 Blue Diamond. I absolutely love them, probably shot approx 20000 over the last few years. 

No thumps or bruises, just amazing kills through my DT10 1/4 and 1/2 when I put it in the right place  :smile:

Can't comment on the blue diamond but I had one of those days yesterday when I could not hit a thing consequently I really dislike my current cartridge choice and yet last sat I loved them. Have to grow to love them again though as have 7K in stock

No point as such.

Just saying.

Edit 

Ps 

I also currently dislike my gun my vest my glasses my ear plugs and anything else I wore or used during yesterday's fiasco.

Just bally well saying.  Again.
​Time you scratched the Sporting itch again I reckon - you'll have more fun!

Surprised to hear this, my understanding is the Blue Diamonds are smooth and clean, just too expensive. Try the White Golds, now they are smooth. 

I have been shooting these in 7.5's and 8's for the past 8 months give or take superb cartridge. clean, little recoil, through my 692 they pattern well tested through original beretta chokes and mullers cheaper than white gold and black gold. 

you could store them in the garden shed and you wouldn't be left with the muck other shells leave no need for the cotton wool and radiators!

I have been shooting these in 7.5's and 8's for the past 8 months give or take superb cartridge. clean, little recoil, through my 692 they pattern well tested through original beretta chokes and mullers cheaper than white gold and black gold. 

you could store them in the garden shed and you wouldn't be left with the muck other shells leave no need for the cotton wool and radiators!
I wonder if I had a dodgy slab because the ones I used also seemed to dump a load of lead in the barrels and make the barrels very very hot... Quite badly bruised this morning, and I am no pansy...

Dickie , an interesting observation.

A friend once had some Eley First 21gram cartridges that kicked like a Mule, maybe a mishap in the loading bay??

Always found Blue Diamonds to be a good cartridge.

Express World Cup had a reputation for being thumpy , but they have altered the powder and now they are very nice to shoot.

I wonder if I had a dodgy slab because the ones I used also seemed to dump a load of lead in the barrels and make the barrels very very hot... Quite badly bruised this morning, and I am no pansy...
​I might post a different opinion after tomorrow no doubt they'll be sh*te!!!!

Shot 100 Blue Diamond 7.5 fibre at the weekend and they did seriously Thump! Maybe the plastic are softer?

To revisit this having not shot a few thousand. Got some wierd results, some times they gave me good kills but on the whole the kent velocitys seem to perform better? I'd have thought at midrange clays with 1/2 choke a 8 would give a better kill than a 7 1/2 but in my case it would seem not

I found a few old ones (28gm) in a box from years ago. I shot a few and couldn't believe how they kicked......

Tried a 1000 of them some time ago and thought they were awful, although i was comparing them to the white gold which i was also using.

me and my brother shot 1000s of blue diamond. and then gamebore changed something, they were awful and thump.we went to white gold, with in a year they done it again

with white gold .i contacted gamebore and they reply with we have not changed any thing. we now shoot comp x  with no problems good kills no recoil we wont be going back to gamebore

Having shot both the plastic and fibre today I conclude that the plastics are very smooth but decimate targets, the fibre hurt!

Back