Front beads

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good point les, I should have known better but nothing ventured and all that ;)
Ian whole areas of my life fall under heading of "Well it seemed like a good idea at the time". :.:

Ha

but, oi stick to the topic or we Will get done by the forum police.

Front beads - had a look down the barrel of a blokes gun with one of them tru things on sun wow they are propper bright, couldnt be doing with one of them.

Ha

but, oi stick to the topic or we Will get done by the forum police.

Front beads - had a look down the barrel of a blokes gun with one of them tru things on sun wow they are propper bright, couldnt be doing with one of them.
Vee haff vayz ov making you stick to za topix!! :.:

Well I shot OT on sat in very grey overcast and a sort of general mist in the air. Tried 3 lens's couldnt pick the targets up at all then I also realised that I had no real awareness of were my barrels were in relation to the target (because I use a brass beed as previoulsy stated) if and when I eventually saw it. So ............ after much thought I think its time to try a red front bead again. :D

I hate messing about with stuff but dont know if its my eyes failing with age and general dicrepidness (yes that is a real word :p ) but me little brass beed doesnt seem to be working in the low light levels of winter.

Well I shot OT on sat in very grey overcast and a sort of general mist in the air. Tried 3 lens's couldnt pick the targets up at all then I also realised that I had no real awareness of were my barrels were in relation to the target (because I use a brass beed as previoulsy stated) if and when I eventually saw it. So ............ after much thought I think its time to try a red front bead again. :D

I hate messing about with stuff but dont know if its my eyes failing with age and general dicrepidness (yes that is a real word :p ) but me little brass beed doesnt seem to be working in the low light levels of winter.

Nah Ian, it's all in the mind mate! Forget the bloody beads and the barrels and just do what you always do...look at clay and pull trigger! You know it makes sense! :D

Hi Les

I know I keep going on about this but ........ I really was aware of not being aware (if you get my drift) of were me barrels were I just couldnt get any feedback from my periferal vision and am convinced now more than ever that we may think we dont see / look for the beed but it has to be visible enough for your peripheral to be aware of it. If this were not the case then all the top OT lads would have told P or B to give em a gun without the front beed.

Perhaps it was fog rather than mist and not your fault at all! :)
Robert

Yes you are probably right as I wasnt the only one struggling to see them, it was very very funny light on the day. Maybe I am over anylising the situation but I am determined to come to a conclusion re the use (on trap at least) of front beeds. I wonder if I could get a government grant to fund my research £50K a year should cover it :.:

Hi Les

I know I keep going on about this but ........ I really was aware of not being aware (if you get my drift) of were me barrels were I just couldnt get any feedback from my periferal vision and am convinced now more than ever that we may think we dont see / look for the beed but it has to be visible enough for your peripheral to be aware of it. If this were not the case then all the top OT lads would have told P or B to give em a gun without the front beed.
I know what you mean mate! It may well be a case of subconsciously seeing it or something, but I really don't know to be honest. All I do know is that if I do see barrels, beads or anything other than the clay, then I will surely miss it. :(

Robert

Yes you are probably right as I wasnt the only one struggling to see them, it was very very funny light on the day. Maybe I am over anylising the situation but I am determined to come to a conclusion re the use (on trap at least) of front beeds. I wonder if I could get a government grant to fund my research £50K a year should cover it :.:
Yeh £50K sounds very fair mate! Let me know when you get the grant, then I will apply for mine. :.:

Will do Les, tell you what I will apply for 100k on the basis that its a two man job we can do 200 OT targets each per day then begger off for a pie and a Doom, how that suit you matey ;)

Speaking of which I'm off home for me fillet steak :)

You'll only need the 9 months of the year when the weather is bad so you can both have a holiday in the summer

or alternatively you might have to claim overtime if the weather is as bad as it was this summer :D

Will do Les, tell you what I will apply for 100k on the basis that its a two man job we can do 200 OT targets each per day then begger off for a pie and a Doom, how that suit you matey ;)
Sound like a great plan!!! :.: :.:

You'll only need the 9 months of the year when the weather is bad so you can both have a holiday in the summer

or alternatively you might have to claim overtime if the weather is as bad as it was this summer :D
Well if there is not enough good weather, a futher grant will be needed for the following year. Overtime should be OK, providing it is paid at time + 1/2. Lunch allowance would be nice too, oh and perhaps a clothing allowance. :.:

Back