Fiocchi Litespeed 26g

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to confirm that compared to any 21g load I have shot, the 26g litespeeds are significantly harsher/punchier. As I said right near the top of the thread, recoil was (maybe unsurprisingly given the 2g difference) not dissimilar to a 28g fBlack. My other half, who shoots TT21s, tried one litespeed for a longer target and said 'never again' due to the recoil.

As ever YMMV; it's all dependent on the individual and the gun being used.

I'm a casual shooter and personally find the litespeed gives me similar confidence/results as fBlacks for a significant discount. That allows me to forget about cartridges and enjoy myself whilst saving some cash. If I was to shoot competitively in the future though... I'd probably pay the extra for fBlacks
Thanks for the confirmation !

As an 11 stone weakling and very recoil sensitive. it sounds like I will steer well clear.

I’ve yet to even see and touch a Litespeed but if reports about their recoil characteristics are anything to go by I just can’t see the point in using them instead of 28g loads, the cost benefit is of course altogether different and a good enough reason for many. 

You've seen me... helps being my size then apparently cos I don't feel a thing! 😄

Velocity 26g.... now THEY are punchy!!
I shoot Velocity + 28g 7.5s pretty much all the time.  Probably why I did stagger forward on shooting a .410 with Eley 12.5g cartridges the other week.

Has anyone seen/tried these?

Saw them at a local gun shop and was curious. I tend to either shoot fBlacks or TTOnes; these are claimed to be the same speed as fBlacks, but similar price to TTOnes (although this is obviously in part due to them being 26g as opposed to 28g)...

Will pick some up to try next time I see some, but thought I'd see if anyone already had

EDIT: I'm more interested in fibre, but I see they come in plas too
My local gun shop is a Fiocchi / main supplier . My normal shells are F3 piston, for sporting,  and  TT1 9`s for skeet. I have tried the Lightspeed, as well as my friends, can`t fault them. I actually use these now for my skeet shooting. 

I shoot Velocity + 28g 7.5s pretty much all the time.  Probably why I did stagger forward on shooting a .410 with Eley 12.5g cartridges the other week.
I think he's referring to the Velocity Hyperfasts, they are proper tooth-rattlers.

Now this recoil is a funny business all together and it just gets more weird. 

First couple of shoots I did back in May/June last year I had some slight bruising and very mild discomfort. The sort where you can tell something has taken a bit of a pummel if you touch the sore area. 

After that I didn’t notice anything, still having shot mostly 21g but a box or two 28g 7,5 CompX and some Velocity, I could hardly tell the difference. 

That changed however when I went to 3/4 choke... now that I could feel. Still not hurting though, and this is with my but pad removed to temporarily shorten the stock by 3/4”

And this is the weird bit, I added 1/4” of evoprene last time out and felt the recoil more than I did  without. 

I suspect that with the stock that wee bit shorter I perhaps mount the gun a smidgen better and this is maybe why I don’t feel much recoil?

Muzzel flip on the other hand is a bit disconcerting and I wonder if this has a real impact on my second presentations?

that said, I seem to be in the habit of panicking o the first and missing and hitting the second 

I’m still a lot to learn about this clay shooting business and loving every minute of it!

I suspect that they use No. 8 shot to bring the pellet count up, so the number of pellets you lose by going down to 26g you gain by going down half a size.

According to my calculations:

28g No. 7.5 shot = 394 pellets

26g No. 8 shot = 412 pellets
Depends on what you are comparing. These are Italian cartridges so the shot size may well be Italian and if you compare an Italian 8 with an English 7.5 they are the same. I will beg your pardon though in that I only really know Italian shot sizes so do not know what a normal clay shooter in the UK would use to break clays, do they use  English #7.5 or 7 ? If they use 7.5 they will have less pellets in their 26g load of Italian #8 not more when compared because the shot is the same size.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still haven’t tried them but Tony did today using his Perazzi.  Some on here will know my Tony, he’s a big lad and recoil isn’t something he would complain about.  He isn’t Cartridge biased either, the cheaper the better for him.  He has categorically told me not to buy them again even though they are cheaper than our TTS.  He said they made the TTS feel silky smooth.  He found them very punchy.  The kills were okay.   He then went on about they don’t need to be that fast, probably the same amount of powder blah blah but I had already wandered off at that point.  Even the price does not sway him,  miracle.  He thinks Fiocchi have made a mistake with this one.  That’s enough proof for me to know I will not like them.  I’ll try a few though just to be fair.

It sounds like these cartridges would have the same effect on you if you put the muzzle on your shoulder, pointed the stock away and pushed the trigger. No thanks. Recoil like this just isn’t necessary, beneficial or indeed clever. 

Must be my inexperience then, cos I did a 100 shoot twice, mixing them randomly with Hull Superfast in the same pocket and I literally cannot feel a difference between them. Only thing that makes me wonder is whether the long breaks are less cos they're 8's but that's all head games again. 🤔

(and I couldn't feel any difference doing the same with Superfast & TT1 previously, as an aside)

Phil was given  2 boxes today so we are having a practice at Dartford tomorrow and will try some.  I do like the RC2 and am confident with them but as they were free I’ll  have a go and report back! 

Didn’t get out today, going to Greenfields on Tuesday for practice so will use some then.

Last edited by a moderator:
HAHA I do the same if I get a misfire 
I occasionally suffer from trigger flinch (probably happens on average once every 300 cartridges I fire and is worse when my hands are cold).  Onlookers find it most amusing when I stagger forward in reaction to there being no recoil.

I get trigger freeze too, if that's what it is. As it's probably recoil related I find that swinging and firing on snap caps at home before a clay shoot helps. It trains your mind not to expect a jolt every time you pull the trigger

I get trigger freeze too, if that's what it is. As it's probably recoil related I find that swinging and firing on snap caps at home before a clay shoot helps. It trains your mind not to expect a jolt every time you pull the trigger
Don't think mine is recoil related.  For me I think it's when I subconsciously decide at the last microsecond that the sight picture I'm seeing is wrong (i.e. going to result in a miss).  I've had it happen twice on a target on successive pairs, I've then moved my footing and hold point and it's resolved it.  It could just be that I'm odd though.

We tried these today and I didn’t like them! Shot 2 of them and felt it. Phil had the box and mixed them about for different targets then at the end of the practice said even he felt they were punchy and wouldn’t use them even if they were £100 per thousand!  

Saw 2 of these fail to fire on Sunday. The primers were lightly dented but not enough to strike properly. Now it was a Browning and it was the bottom barrel, but nevertheless the primers did look to be set marginally low.

Don't think mine is recoil related.  For me I think it's when I subconsciously decide at the last microsecond that the sight picture I'm seeing is wrong (i.e. going to result in a miss).  I've had it happen twice on a target on successive pairs, I've then moved my footing and hold point and it's resolved it.  It could just be that I'm odd though.
I experienced exactly that for that for the first time last weekend on the second of a OR pair. Really weird. Sight picture didn’t look quite right to me and for the life of me I couldn’t squeeze the trigger. Instructor said had I squeezed the trigger at the moment of freezing, he said I’d have dusted it. Ffs!😡

I too staggered forward, but didn’t register that it might have been due to anticipating recoil. It felt more like my body was trying to will the shot on. 🙄

It seems just as odd that my finger pulls the trigger without conscious thought either. Maybe I’ve inadvertently stumbled onto the actual location of my tiny little brain?

Latest posts

Back