Velocity v Superfast

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, missed that! 😀 yeah, they surprised me a bit, thought they'd be lighter on the shoulder. Could tell the difference from just a few. 

Rhetorically, i Wonder why.
It’s weird, I agree. Smaller load almost never thumpier. Somebody must have thought speed was needed. I need some more fibre soon and will be getting the V 28g. 

It’s weird, I agree. Smaller load almost never thumpier. Somebody must have thought speed was needed. I need some more fibre soon and will be getting the V 28g. 
Yup, looked into it (of course I did!) and the 28g are Velocity+, the 26g are Hyper Velocity... reason being it has more charge inside to increase the speed, hence the punchier feel: action & reaction. I'll try out some 28s next time I come across them or buy a slab possibly, but such as the above, I'm sceptical I'll notice much difference from the Superfast.

Having used (no longer do mind) 1000's of Superfasts they felt a lot easier on the bod than the Velocity I once tried, these I did feel were thump as er White Golds (I know from same stable so to speak) , however each of us feels things differently.

As for speed, would a mere mortal really tell the difference on the bulk of sporting targets thrown these days? Only takes a few pellets to take a clay.
Was it the 26 or 28g you were using fella? Curious if that was why they felt easier...

Yup, looked into it (of course I did!) and the 28g are Velocity+, the 26g are Hyper Velocity... reason being it has more charge inside to increase the speed, hence the punchier feel: action & reaction. I'll try out some 28s next time I come across them or buy a slab possibly, but such as the above, I'm sceptical I'll notice much difference from the Superfast.

Was it the 26 or 28g you were using fella? Curious if that was why they felt easier...
The only Superfasts Ive ever used were 27g, the Velocity & White Golds 28g for me they were a bit thumpy, it is though subjective and I know of some that say the complete opposite, only solution is to try them.

Oh Im shooting a 8lb8oz gun, am 6ft+ and 13st dripping wet so not exactly big, 

Really interesting for me reading through this post and seeing so many comments around varying recoil perception across cartridges. 

Ever since I got my MK38 properly fitted to me I've not actually been able to notice any difference at all - and I've probably put 15 types of 28g through it since then. I barely perceive any recoil whatsoever, probably likened to somebody flicking me in the shoulder.

Weird. I stand behind others in the stand and they look like they're taking a real beating shot to shot.

Antse7en, I have noticed the same thing,watching others take their turn, gun flying up on recoil ,seems some people dont like to cut there stocks to fit ? interestingly I rarely notice kick ,but did when a buddy slipped me some 28 g velocity, yet used them before and wasnt bad....how ever I got a box of the 26g velocity passed to me, no kick what so ever in the miroku,percieved by me I should add, but at that price and with the breaks I was getting certainly will be buying some.,felt wad bargain!!

I may have to give the velocity a try, I'm on my second 1000 of the superfasts, cant say I have anything bad to say about them, they make a bang and most of the time break the clay - should I point the gun in the right place...

Im not into comps, so probably wouldn't even notice any difference between them, but it wouldn't hurt to try I guess...

Antse7en, I have noticed the same thing,watching others take their turn, gun flying up on recoil ,seems some people dont like to cut there stocks to fit ? interestingly I rarely notice kick ,but did when a buddy slipped me some 28 g velocity, yet used them before and wasnt bad....how ever I got a box of the 26g velocity passed to me, no kick what so ever in the miroku,percieved by me I should add, but at that price and with the breaks I was getting certainly will be buying some.,felt wad bargain!!
Funny, as I felt the 26g Velocity noticeably kick like a mule compared to the TT1 & Superfast 28g (although I logically understand why it would).

I may have to give the velocity a try, I'm on my second 1000 of the superfasts, cant say I have anything bad to say about them, they make a bang and most of the time break the clay - should I point the gun in the right place...

Im not into comps, so probably wouldn't even notice any difference between them, but it wouldn't hurt to try I guess...
Yup, gonna stick with Superfast as they're the cheapest I can reasonably get my hands on, and there's been no difference in the result between whatever I've tried so I'm 100% sold that apart from recoil, and once you've simply got one that's comfortable, cartridge choice is completely and utterly all headgames! :)  Velocity are slightly more expensive, but unless I get some the same price, I'm not prepared to waste my money when what I have already works.

Latest posts

Back