It’s how far?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Must admit, I've lost my enthusiasm a bit at the moment as well.  I drove 420 mile round trip the other week to shoot in the British Open and I think I actually enjoyed the drive more than I was enjoying the shooting.  It just all felt like very hard work, I wasn't shooting well and just got the point where I didn't really car anymore. It took what felt like an age to get around and I did question myself a few times on the way around why I was bothering. 

Had a practice shoot on Saturday morning and even then I didn't really enjoy it, bored by the targets and annoyed with arseholes who don't understand social distancing.  I'm amazed they can hit anything, because they certainly can't judge what 2m is when it comes to standing back waiting for their go.
I think a lot of people are the same at the moment Bebo, I am certainly not driving long distances, I think Barrow is my longest journey so far and I must admit I’ve really enjoyed their shoots, something for everyone with a few harder targets thrown in to mix it up a bit.  We’ve decided rather than shoot week in, week out and not enjoy it we will shoot every few weeks, pick out where we are going and hope to enjoy ourselves and shoot well.  
As for socially distancing, I understand where you are coming from. We shot Hepworth Hall on Friday and I really enjoyed it BUT there was no organisation at all, it was a free for all with everyone just hopping from stand to stand as and when, no squadding or timing whatsoever and for once the gents toilets were MUCH better then the ladies which were quite dirty. 

I think that right now I could generate a lot of enthusiasm for some SAM shooting in the the DC area - what is called a "target rich environment".

I dont really see lead unless it's way out and in my head I see it by inches apposed to feet someone once told me to imagine a fence panel which are normally 6ft wide and imagine looking at one at different distances to understand lead in ft but looking at panels say 30 yards away still only looks like 6inches of lead to me but everyone is diff 

Must admit, I've lost my enthusiasm a bit at the moment as well.  I drove 420 mile round trip the other week to shoot in the British Open and I think I actually enjoyed the drive more than I was enjoying the shooting.  It just all felt like very hard work, I wasn't shooting well and just got the point where I didn't really car anymore. It took what felt like an age to get around and I did question myself a few times on the way around why I was bothering. 

Had a practice shoot on Saturday morning and even then I didn't really enjoy it, bored by the targets and annoyed with arseholes who don't understand social distancing.  I'm amazed they can hit anything, because they certainly can't judge what 2m is when it comes to standing back waiting for their go.
I think it's easy enough to overdo it to the point where it's no fun any more, it becomes just another session on the treadmill. I have been shooting on and off for 50+ years and know when to back off. Luckily the urge to get out and break some clays comes back after a short break and I usually shoot better for it.

Latest posts

Back