Fiocchi for OT

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Phil, DYOSK is interested sometime and lives in the northeast, I don't mind a thursday session at Beverley say when they open late. How are you getting on with the F-Blus after all you started the interest.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've managed to order a slab of Fiocchi F/Blacks in 8.5 (English 8) today, the F/Blues don't come in 8 apparently, neither do any of their 24g offerings :frown: otherwise I'd have had a few of them too. Will let you know what I think.
How are you getting on with the F/Black sporting 8's Hamster?

I'm not getting this - is F-blu 24gm and F-black 24gm just a colour choice? If F-blu were 3% shot I could understand but Fiocchi UK says they are both 5% hardeners which is by far the lowest priced hard shot available. I'll see if I can make sense of the Italian site. :huh:

ok then - Fiocchi UK are out of line with Fiocchi.IT who claim 3% shot for both. Which leaves us no nearer to the difference.

The main (and only) difference between FBLU and FBLACK cartridges is the powder. The powder used in the FBLU range is a Fiocchi powder whereas for the FBLACK range Fiocchi use a powder from a French manufacturer. As far as performance goes, theres very little in it. The FBLACK load has slightly more recoil and is ideal for semi auto shooters. Some independent patterning test show the FBLACK to have a slightly tighter pattern but I have heard conflicting views about this.

Hi UK Firearms. Can you let us all know who you are? Your profile only has a company name and we all like to know who we are speaking to.

Thanks.

How are you getting on with the F/Black sporting 8's Hamster?
I got through 250 very nicely :) . There's a little write up somewhere on the forum about my first impressions, would happily shoot them but for the fact they're only about £8 cheaper than my usual favourite Eley Superbs. I wouldn't mind getting hold of a slab of FBlue as well, they might prove just as good and cheap enough to use regularly?!

What I'd really like to find is a 24g shell with true English 8 shot I could use on the bread and butter stands but it's a surprisingly difficult task. Foreign shells are no good as they seem to think 8 means 7.5 :.: :.: . Eley supposedly do the VIP but you can't get hold of them.

Excels and supercomps are all listed in 24gm 8s but Lyalvale prices are from another planet.

Hi Nicola, I will sort out my profile, apologies for the confusion...

I am Stuart of 'Saredon Shooting Supplies', over a period of 2 years or more we were becoming more and more disolusioned with the averge, everyday shooter being constantly brain washed into believing commodity prices were having a detremental impact on the consumables that we all rely on, in particular, cartridges. We started up on a part time basis and scoured the market for good quality, affordable cartridges. We tried all the mainstream vendors and one or two bespokers but kept coming back to the same brand, Fiocchi. Until recent years Fiocchi was distributed in the UK through another vendor. After several conversations with Graham (MD if Fiocchi UK) we were convinced that this was the brand that could provide affordable, quality cartridges to the average 'Joe Blogs' shooter.

Everyone involved here has a normal day job, so there's no pressure to hit sales targets, hence the philosophy of' affordable UK shooting'.

Eventually things might change, who knows? But until then, well keep trying to provide a friendly, cost effective service.

Hi Nicola, I will sort out my profile, apologies for the confusion...

I am Stuart of 'Saredon Shooting Supplies', over a period of 2 years or more we were becoming more and more disolusioned with the averge, everyday shooter being constantly brain washed into believing commodity prices were having a detremental impact on the consumables that we all rely on, in particular, cartridges. We started up on a part time basis and scoured the market for good quality, affordable cartridges. We tried all the mainstream vendors and one or two bespokers but kept coming back to the same brand, Fiocchi. Until recent years Fiocchi was distributed in the UK through another vendor. After several conversations with Graham (MD if Fiocchi UK) we were convinced that this was the brand that could provide affordable, quality cartridges to the average 'Joe Blogs' shooter.

Everyone involved here has a normal day job, so there's no pressure to hit sales targets, hence the philosophy of' affordable UK shooting'.

Eventually things might change, who knows? But until then, well keep trying to provide a friendly, cost effective service.
Brilliant.

In my opinion you cannot get a better range of cartridges than Fiocchi to suit all shooters different needs.......and.......They are a fantastic company to deal with.

Back