Fiocchi for OT

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phi pot don't worry use The 24 grms both barrels for UT as well. UT throws to the same yards as OT you just have 5 traps instead of 15.

If you are at the Berkshire UT at Ncsc next week I will give you a couple of boxes of 28 grm Golden to try FOC. But really you will be ok with the 24's.

Right, now to take this a stage further. F-Blu 24g, so far very happy with on price and performance and as they will be used for OT and UT but before you say 28g for UT, I know that, I am still using 24g to level things out for OT. The question is what 28g for the second barrel on UT, tried Top-1 28g but not quite there and would really like to find a similar speed to the F-Blu. I will be the first to admit that what I am doing is perhaps the wrong thing but I really want to stick with 24g for as much as I can. It is a case of mastering 24g for a number of disciplines which I feel will help me on OT. Phil
Hi, I have just been trying 28gr. F/Blues as second barrel load UT and ABT, they seem quite effective. According to test reports, slightly slower at 2.5mts. however, I would think that down range they should at least be keeping up with 24grm. You can stick with F/Blues and keep the price advantage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Phi pot don't worry use The 24 grms both barrels for UT as well. UT throws to the same yards as OT you just have 5 traps instead of 15.

If you are at the Berkshire UT at Ncsc next week I will give you a couple of boxes of 28 grm Golden to try FOC. But really you will be ok with the 24's.
Thank you Nicola for your kind offer but unfortunatley it is about 170 miles away so I wont be there but thanks again

Alan, good idea but at the moment we have no 28g F-Blu only 24g to try the members out with. Beverley CTC may well decide to bring in the 28g in future, not certain. Living in North Lincs is a very pleasant place to be but we sometimes have to pay the price in not having dealers around with a good selection of cartridges unless of course you want wildfowling shells in which case there are loads.

Phil

I've managed to order a slab of Fiocchi F/Blacks in 8.5 (English 8) today, the F/Blues don't come in 8 apparently, neither do any of their 24g offerings :frown: otherwise I'd have had a few of them too. Will let you know what I think.

There's a repeated rumour that the Fiocchi importers have the English shot size put on the cases and boxes relevant. If Nicola can enlighten us, shot counters to the ready. :(

Hi all.

Sorry im late in on the talk about the Fblus,I've been usings these for sporting for the past five months and find them fab,both 28g and the 24g,at the moment im using the 24g's and find them soooo smooth its not true.

I will be shooting ABT this sunday and then to westonwood to do the sporting.Lets hope westonwood's has non of the westfields layouts on them.

I was a bit confused whilst in the shop as the price list (held not by me :D ) appeared to show 8.5 Blacks as 2.2 mm, yet the Top 1 8's were also marked as 2.2!! They do a 9.5 load which is marked 1.9 mm which is different to English 9's which are meant to be 2.0 mm !? The only sure way is to pop one open.

There's a repeated rumour that the Fiocchi importers have the English shot size put on the cases and boxes relevant. If Nicola can enlighten us, shot counters to the ready. :(
Doubt it but I will check. English sizing does not really register outside of UK.

Hi, for what its worth just re- reading road test on F/Blue 28gr. and F/Black 24gr. shot apparently measures .092"- 093" equating to English 7.25. ie. slightly larger shot than Eng. 7.5. :cool:

Ok boys.

Only the cartridges with English sizes on the boxes are those made specifically for the UK Market. These are Super Sporting and Top 1. they will say UK on the boxes.

Official, Golden, F-blu and black, TT1 and 2 are all Italian sizes.

The spec sheets for all cartridges can be found on the Italian website or on the Fiocchi UK website which has a link to Italy . So all the enquiring minds out there can see the specs clearly if they look on there.

Hope that helps.

xx

I'm not getting this - is F-blu 24gm and F-black 24gm just a colour choice? If F-blu were 3% shot I could understand but Fiocchi UK says they are both 5% hardeners which is by far the lowest priced hard shot available. I'll see if I can make sense of the Italian site. :huh:

ok then - Fiocchi UK are out of line with Fiocchi.IT who claim 3% shot for both. Which leaves us no nearer to the difference.

Perhaps Nicola knows someone who can explain

Hi all,

I'm a bit late to this thread but I'm really keen to try some Fblu's in 24 gram but I'm struggling to find a local supplier in the north Staffs area. I've asked on PW and got a few good leads, but I wondered if anyone here might have any other suggestions?

I don't want to commit to 1000 (or 2) until I've tried a few so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all, I'm a bit late to this thread but I'm really keen to try some Fblu's in 24 gram but I'm struggling to find a local supplier in the north Staffs area. I've asked on PW and got a few good leads, but I wondered if anyone here might have any other suggestions? I don't want to commit to 1000 (or 2) until I've tried a few so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
if you dont find any i really like the top ones. hard hitters!

If you're in N.Staffs Iggy you can't go far wrong - the importers are at Garlands and Alan68 found a retailer by the M6. In fact it's item 45 in this thread! :huh:

I'll be at NWSS, Sealand, Chester shooting OT practice on saturday morning - you can use some F-blus of mine if you like or I'm meeting with Salopian tuesday morning 10am there to go through the principles of Olympic Trap with him. Anybody welcome.

Tuesday, the more the merrier, if anyone wants Fiocchi's I will pick them up from Saredon.

Back