Fiocchi for OT

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By dirty, I mean a burned on layer in the barrels, mainly around the forcing cones. Not the colour of the paper when pushed through; just to be clear. Maybe they have changed in the last few years?

CSC3

Also, I stopped using Superbs because they had a problem with not burning all the propellant flakes, which would be left in the gun around the ejectors. No mystery to me why Eley are cheaper than Hull..

CSC3
Yes I remember that period although it has long since ceased, even then it never bothered me as performance seemed unaffected. Judging things on recoil and breaking ability, the price difference between Hull and Eley remains a huge mystery to me?!

Keeping next week's cartridges in the airing cupboard seems to cure unburnt propellant problems particularly game cartridges that have been kept for a year. Works whenever I've suggested it.

Beverley are selling F-blu 24gm £158 and RC2s. I'm there next Wednesday so I'll give them a try. If it works for OT that'll do. Meanwhile where's my Red Shot.

Anyone seen the f-blu down our way? Wouldn't mind giving them a go...

Keeping next week's cartridges in the airing cupboard seems to cure unburnt propellant problems particularly game cartridges that have been kept for a year. Works whenever I've suggested it.
I sometimes use inside the front of the car over the steering wheel when the sun is strong through the windows to warm them up a bit :wink: .

I saved money on a cartridge belt and load from the front of my long johns when its chilly :lol: :.:

I saved money on a cartridge belt and load from the front of my long johns when its chilly :lol: :.:
You have been looking at Don's photo of Cheryl and Dickie ....... Hahahaha

Yes I remember that period although it has long since ceased, even then it never bothered me as performance seemed unaffected. Judging things on recoil and breaking ability, the price difference between Hull and Eley remains a huge mystery to me?!
Hmmm i tried a slab of pro one,s 28 and 24 grms the other week, both recoiled more than my usual eley olimpics, and the breaks certainly wern't any better with the more expensive hulls and this was on long edgy crossers not close stuff,not worth the extra dosh imo

Hmmm i tried a slab of pro one,s 28 and 24 grms the other week, both recoiled more than my usual eley olimpics, and the breaks certainly wern't any better with the more expensive hulls and this was on long edgy crossers not close stuff,not worth the extra dosh imo
I agree entirely, the Pro One has a lot of fans who keep telling me it's as sweet as a nut :) , which I'm sure it is but I've personally not been able to justify it's price difference or more to the point the Sovereigns ridiculous price difference compared to Eley Olympic or Superbs. In fact the only people who shoot Sov's tend to be sponsored :lol: .

Beverley are selling F-blu 24gm £158 and RC2s. I'm there next Wednesday so I'll give them a try. If it works for OT that'll do. Meanwhile where's my Red Shot.

Are you talking about the 21st, if so I will try to get there and have a round with you.

I used a couple of boxes of Hull Pro Fibre from a friend who swore by them for his sporting and I must admit they are a superb shell killing well at all ranges, just a bit more of a thump than my usual shells however still comfortable.

Hi Phil, going to listen for words of wisdom from David Kostelecky, there's talk of 6 rounds of OT so I may not be allowed out of class, but a box or two of Fiocchi shouldn't worsen things. I'm looking forward to it. .

Seems pretty good. Their Top Ones are £149 which is the best price I've see anywhere.

They're somewhere in Staffs

Hey All,

I've been using the Fiocchi Super Sporting Long Range 7.5's for the last few seasons and been very impressed. Our distributor has been bringing in the F-Blu's and F-Black's for the last number of months and they've been selling very well over here.

I've used both and the F-Blu will sell best over here (mainly on performance for the cost) and it's a great shell. Prob not as tight as the Super Sporting, but none the less gives outstanding kills.

For anyone wanting to step up to the next level, the F-Black is priced and performs similar (if not a touch better) than the super-sporting but are smoother. Distant targets are smashed with authority but you dont get the downside of massive recoil.

Over here they have a massive presence in the trap and sporting disciplines. We can choose from the TT Two's, F-Blu's, F-Black's and the higher end stuff like the Official Trap and the Golden Trap. But by far for most shooters the TT or the F ranges will be more than anyone could want! I'll be changing to the F-Black's once my stock of super sporting runs out!

Thats my two pences worth for what it matters!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Phil, going to listen for words of wisdom from David Kostelecky, there's talk of 6 rounds of OT so I may not be allowed out of class, but a box or two of Fiocchi shouldn't worsen things. I'm looking forward to it. .
I am so annoyed that I had forgotton to contact Tony Busvine in time and it was thought that someone was going to drop out so I could have his place but alas he did not so I'm out.

I hope you have a great day and let us all know how you go on.

Yours with envy

Phil

I went to Beverley CTC yesterday with my wife as I was eager to try the F-Blu cartridges on OT, But instead shot for the first time UT. I know I should be using 28grm but this was a good test for the shells and I can report that they are bloody superb, very smooth and really broke the birds well with an added bonus that they are very sweet on the shoulder. As for my first attempt at UT, well I managed a 22 so am very pleased with both the F-blu and my first crack at UT. I have to confess that the other guys looked at me a little srangely as I had to ask where the birds actually came from because I really did not know having never watched it being shot but I very quickly got into the flow.

As soon as my wife has used all the RC2 24grm, we will be switching over to the F-Blu. Oh yes I almost forgot, I also bought a case of Top-1 28grm for my wife to use on DTL but to be honest they bump more than the the F-blu and kill no better so I will just use them on sporting down at the local ground.

Phil

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back