Fibres or plastics?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I understand that , but when you’re at the pub is it ‘lager’ or ‘bitter’.....I’ve always preferred lager but maybe bitter would be better😁

Has anyone tried them both?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I understand that , but when you’re at the pub is it ‘lager’ or ‘bitter’.....I’ve always preferred lager but maybe bitter would be better😁

Has anyone tried them both?
I prefer real ale to a traditional bitter and lager only in hot countries when it is served really cold 

What happens to the actual cartridge cases, do they actually get recycled, does anybody know?

Cost might have something to do with it. What are the rates for collection and disposal?

Cost might have something to do with it. What are the rates for collection and disposal?
its at the end of the video but the recycling very cheap, main cost transporting but laporte pick up free fron shooting schools if delivering clays, only a matter of time i guess

Like it or not, this single use plastics thing is not going to go away and we’ll all end up paying more somewhere alomg the line wether it be in the form of a levy towards the cost of recycling or to fund an alternative. 

Its the same where I work, we have to offer water to our visitors which for years we’ve been selling in the regular, disposable bottles but we now have to install water fountains and offer drinks bottles to buy 

I have to confess, and this might just be my age, but why do most people under the age of about 30 feel the overwhelming need to be in a state of permanent hydration? Lugging a kilo of water around seems to be a badge of honour these days, probably another fad. 

I have found that make seems to make little difference to confetti more how they are stored have shot at least 6 different types recently with no issues,more interested in not getting the hard recoil that seems to come with some.

Unless it has a massive bore you will likely notice no difference unless you have an 18.8mm dt11

I checked the size of a plastic obturator 0.715" and a fibre wad 0.725" , given that the fibre wad will compress and bulge upon firing I cannot see a problem in most bores if you use a quality cartridge.

I have to confess, and this might just be my age, but why do most people under the age of about 30 feel the overwhelming need to be in a state of permanent hydration? Lugging a kilo of water around seems to be a badge of honour these days, probably another fad. 
Perhaps they have discovered something about biomechanics that you have not.

Does anyone notice any difference in the barrel leading between plastic (none) and whatever the unshielded shot column yields?

Does anyone notice any difference in the barrel leading between plastic (none) and whatever the unshielded shot column yields?
Used to have a real problem with an Ultra XS drills,cleaners,etc even to the point that a gunsmith polished the barrels in the hope it would improve and didn't charge me because it didn't!

Funnily enough never been an issue with either of my Perazzi?

I do understand the link between biomechanics and the importance of water intake to maintaing a healthy body and like most of us I’m fortunate enough to live in the first world where access to fresh water is pretty much a given right. 

My observation was more about the craze to carry water around with you wherever you go, the world seems to have got this far without the need to do so and I’m struggling to understand the need other than making a fashion statement that’s having a considerable impact on the environment with the UK alone throwing away about 8 billion plastic bottles a year.  

Apparently the bore on DT11's starts at 19.68mm and tapers down through the forcing cone 480mm to 18.6mm.this is what causes the problems with them and fibres as the wad is nominally 18.9mm.

Seen as very few experts actually believe that it makes any difference...whats the point?

There we are worrying about single use plastics when most of us pitch up to shoots in bloody great 4x4's and luxury saloons.

:)   :)  

There we are worrying about single use plastics when most of us pitch up to shoots in bloody great 4x4's and luxury saloons.

:)   :)  
I am not worrying about it...no point until the likes of China,India and Africa do..we are about 0.001% of the problem,when they start doing something meaningful about it i will!

Latest posts

Back