Eye protection

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seem to remember hearing from a friend in the know that castellani and pilla are out the same factory, same material same machining but the poppers/studs are minutely different...

i might be wrong though!

I think there must of been words over that,probably from pilla sales men.on castellani web site there is press release from zeisse saying that while both are made by zeiss they are made in different parts of the company using different spec.

I seem to remember hearing from a friend in the know that castellani and pilla are out the same factory, same material same machining but the poppers/studs are minutely different...

i might be wrong though!

I think there must of been words over that,probably from pilla sales men.on castellani web site there is press release from zeisse saying that while both are made by zeiss they are made in different parts of the company using different spec.
you might be  wrong...more likely they are lying

Not only the lens but the unique tints that's pilla produce are very hard to replicate which is why I think the price point is different 

£560 for eye wear is a lot of money for a new shooter ?? 
New shooters must be allowed to think that spending money on expensive accessories is the key to rapid progress, otherwise the industry will collapse. In parallel, new shooters believing in "rapid advance by accessories" is a palatable alternative to the horrible truth that it's only years of practice (and coaching) that works.

New shooters must be allowed to think that spending money on expensive accessories is the key to rapid progress, otherwise the industry will collapse. In parallel, new shooters believing in "rapid advance by accessories" is a palatable alternative to the horrible truth that it's only years of practice (and coaching) that works.
I think optimum eyesight you can achieve would also be part of that otherwise Ed Lyons wouldn't be as popular as he is in the shooting community.

Not only the lens but the unique tints that's pilla produce are very hard to replicate which is why I think the price point is different 
The price point is aggressive marketing of what IS a good product, that I DO like, but...I don't like them enough to justify them being twice the price of Randolph Rangers!!! 

I believe that "required" should be the operative term

The price point is aggressive marketing of what IS a good product, that I DO like, but...I don't like them enough to justify them being twice the price of Randolph Rangers!!! 
Very true, I like Barbour everything but not enough to buy their jeans for £195 a pair.

isnt it zeiss that make the lenses or provide the technology for them to do so as with castelani?

Latest posts

Back